Updated CAPR 35-5 released today (11 Aug 14)

Started by Salty, August 11, 2014, 03:21:34 PM

a2capt

Quote from: LSThiker on August 22, 2014, 04:51:42 PMNo longer.  Just chief chaplain, lawyer, or IG.  All others were removed.
..as the current National Historian managed to just sneak under that wire. The whole historian program with the recent changes, "Chief" and all, seems like a spectacular gag to me. Total GOBN Extreme.

LSThiker

Quote from: a2capt on August 24, 2014, 10:00:06 PM
Quote from: LSThiker on August 22, 2014, 04:51:42 PMNo longer.  Just chief chaplain, lawyer, or IG.  All others were removed.
..as the current National Historian managed to just sneak under that wire. The whole historian program with the recent changes, "Chief" and all, seems like a spectacular gag to me. Total GOBN Extreme.

In what way?

SARDOC

Quote from: Eclipse on August 22, 2014, 06:18:35 PM
Just a coincidence that right around the time Region CVs got eagles, Regions started appointing more then one.

I thought I was the only one that noticed that one.

Simplex

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to plug this in but it relates to the original topic, so here goes.

Today I sent an e-mail to NHQ about my promotion status. I was eligible for Major 20 July 2014 but the promotion wasn't processed in a timely manner, the 11 Aug 2014 CAPR 35-5 took effect and I'm still a Captain. My inquiry was that I must now complete Level 4 for Major and the TIG would remain at 36 months.

The reply back from Susan Parker at NHQ states "Not under the revised grandfather clause---if your current date of grade is before 11 August 2014 you can have your next promotion under the old duty performance requirements. We put out a change to 35-5 last week."

So if my Squadron/CC submits the promotion, references the change to CAPR 35-5, I should make it....right? I do understand this is a one time only proposition.

Has anyone else dealt with this type of situation?

Thanks!

vento

^^ correct the old rules apply to you, once.

Simplex

Excellent, thanks for the response. I'll run it by the /CC tomorrow night.

lordmonar

Now here is the kicker
If yo back date you major to July. Then you are still under the old rules for Lt Col
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

LATORRECA

Training   How Completed   Completed
Technician Rating Exam: Safety   Online   01 Apr 2014
CAPT 117 ES Continuing Education Exam - Part 3   MIMS   30 Jan 2014
CAPT 117 ES Continuing Education Exam - Part 2   MIMS   30 Jan 2014
CAPT 117 ES Continuing Education Exam - Part 1   MIMS   30 Jan 2014
CAP Test 116 GES Questionnaire   MIMS   30 Jan 2014
Basic Instructor Course   LMS   10 May 2013
Aircraft Ground Handling   CAP_Multimedia   16 May 2012
Wing Runner Test   MIMS   12 May 2012
Master Rating Exam: Cadet Program   ONLINE   22 Apr 2012
CLC   Course   01 Apr 2012
ORM Advanced   ONLINE   20 May 2011
SLS   Course   22 Mar 2011
Intro to CAP Safety   ONLINE   07 Jun 2010
ORM Intermed.   ONLINE   29 Aug 2009
ORM Basic   ONLINE   28 Aug 2009
Senior Rating Exam: Cadet Program   ONLINE   28 Aug 2009
ECI 13   INFANTRY UNIT LEADER COURSE   30 Mar 2009
NSC   USMC STAFF NCO ADVANCED   30 Mar 2009
RSC   US MC STAFF NCO ACADEMY   30 Mar 2009
AEPSM   ONLINE   06 Mar 2009
EO   ONLINE   06 Mar 2009
Technician Rating Exam: Communications   ONLINE   02 Sep 2008
Technician Rating Exam: Cadet Program   ONLINE   28 Aug 2008
Foundations   Course   28 Aug 2008
CPPT   Course   21 Aug 2008
OPS - OPSEC   Online   01 Aug 2008
Specialty Tracks
Specialty Track   Level   Completed

I'm set

CAP_truth

As of today, grandfather's clause has been instituted to senior members duty performance requirement in e-services.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

Simplex

Roger that, I just checked eServices and all my requirements have gone back to prior 11 August 2014. Let's hope for the best!

CAPAPRN

We just promoted two captains under the old rules, they were promotable 11Aug, we put that in as the date and eservices took it. It also seems like eservices is now setup for the grandfathering (it wasn't last week)

Also- this NCO one per squadron-group-wing is a recipe for a political disaster. Thankfully we converted most of our to the officer corps when we still could get them an advanced grade.
Capt. Carol A Whelan CAP CTWG,
CTWG Asst. Director of Communications
CTWG Director of Admin & Personnel
Commander NER-CT-004
DCS CTWG 2015 Encampment

lordmonar

IMHO the advanced grade for SNCO was a complete insult...but there you go.

Storm Chaser

Quote from: lordmonar on August 27, 2014, 04:09:08 AM

Why?

lordmonar

Quote from: Storm Chaser on August 27, 2014, 04:13:39 AM

Why?
MSgt comes in as a 2d Lt....CMSgt came in as a Capt......A Mitchell cadet comes in as a 2d Lt and Spaatz comes in as Capt......now what is wrong with that picture?

But I was not that butt hurt about it.....but really.  :)

Storm Chaser

Quote from: lordmonar on August 27, 2014, 04:16:07 AM
Quote from: Storm Chaser on August 27, 2014, 04:13:39 AM

Why?
MSgt comes in as a 2d Lt....CMSgt came in as a Capt......A Mitchell cadet comes in as a 2d Lt and Spaatz comes in as Capt......now what is wrong with that picture?

But I was not that butt hurt about it.....but really.  :)

I see your point. That said, if a MSgt, SMSgt or CMSgt pursues a commission in the Air Force (although not common, I've seen it happened), he/she would also be commissioned as a 2d Lt after completing OTS (I know, CAP is not the Air Force).

Maybe we should reconsider all these different advanced appointments/promotions. But I doubt we'll ever reach a consensus.

lordmonar

Ahhhh....but CAP is not the USAF....so that point is not really germain.

Either way...it is all moot as there are no more advanced promotions for NCOs.

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^In the other four services, such a one would more likely be promoted to Warrant Officer.  I think the Navy and Coast Guard require a minimum of E-7 to be "warranted."

Of course, the Air Force (inexplicably) does not have them, and neither does CAP.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

lordmonar

Quote from: CyBorg on August 27, 2014, 04:36:45 AM
^^In the other four services, such a one would more likely be promoted to Warrant Officer.  I think the Navy and Coast Guard require a minimum of E-7 to be "warranted."

Of course, the Air Force (inexplicably) does not have them, and neither does CAP.
Apples and oranges......warrents are not commissioned line officers.....even in the army and and navy you would not necessary go from E-7 to WO-1  they are two different tracks with different requirements.

And yes the USAF does not use WO grades......but it has been that way for 30 years now.....we do just fine with out them.

Panache

Quote from: lordmonar on August 27, 2014, 04:42:35 AM
Apples and oranges......warrents are not commissioned line officers

W-2's and up are, indeed, commissioned officers.

SarDragon

In the Canoe Club, the two usual E -> O tracks are Warrant Officer, and LDO (Limited Duty Officer).

SNCOs from E-7 to E-9 can promote into the Warrant Officer program.

NCOs from E-6 to E-8 can promote into the LDO program.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret