Main Menu

PAWG shuts down

Started by mikeylikey, April 14, 2008, 08:02:38 PM

mikeylikey

PAWG failed the Compliance Inspection real bad.  The AF decided to shut the wing down, no missions, corporate or AF assigned, no vehicles, no communications, NO AFIADL courses (because of real bad cheating), and no flying at all.  PLUS all the wing members have to take the CAP ORM course before the wing gets turned back on.  So, yes we all suck out here in PAWG.  Good thing we have a Wing Commander that knows how to run the wing correctly.  PLUS we have a Paid Staff that drains our resources and money, and doesn't do much of anything. 

No worry kids the Hawk MTN person already said "Screw the AF, we are running the MTN whether they like it or not, everything is a go".

YAY! 
What's up monkeys?

CASH172

Any documentation behind this.  It is kinda the thing we don't fully believe until we can actually see something. 

ddelaney103

Well, this would explain the message I saw on the MDWG list to be prepared o/o to conduct non-exercise missions in PA - if they're in lockdown the surrounding wings are going to have to pick up the slack.  That will be ugly.

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

cnitas

I was wondering what the email was about.  Makes more sense now.  
Wow.  :o
Mark A. Piersall, Lt Col, CAP
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

mikeylikey

Quote from: ddelaney103 on April 14, 2008, 08:24:09 PM
Well, this would explain the message I saw on the MDWG list to be prepared o/o to conduct non-exercise missions in PA - if they're in lockdown the surrounding wings are going to have to pick up the slack.  That will be ugly.

Umm ya.....MDWG should just move north of Mason-Dixon and take over all ops FOREVER!
What's up monkeys?

jimmydeanno

Sounds like a perfect time for Colgan to start his plan to work towards the top...its a shame though that this is happening.

It is unfortunate that those who may need the services of CAP will suffer AND the members in the local units who work hard day in and day out get to take the fall for poor management.

I hope it gets 'fixed' most expeditiously. 
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Stonewall

Raise your hand if you're surprised......

No hands, didn't think so.
Serving since 1987.

JayT

You have more details, or documentation?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

JC004

Quote from: jimmydeanno on April 14, 2008, 08:31:39 PM
Sounds like a perfect time for Colgan to start his plan to work towards the top...its a shame though that this is happening.

It is unfortunate that those who may need the services of CAP will suffer AND the members in the local units who work hard day in and day out get to take the fall for poor management.

I hope it gets 'fixed' most expeditiously. 

I am currently coordinating with DEWG's Special Forces for the invasion.  MDWG and others would be welcome to contribute some Special Ops personnel as well.  We will probably rally at a Dunkin' Donuts, as per protocol.

wtf...http://pawingcap.com/pipermail/gp3_pawingcap.com/2008-April/000184.html

cnitas

What is the PA mission load out in the Southwest section? 
I am in Western MD and my Group might need to cover a much larger area than usual.
MER-MD-003

_

Yeah I don't know about spending over $100 on gas to go up there for an ELT.  Mikey you want to transfer to one of our squadrons?  You can set up a branch office up there.

JC004

Quote from: cnitas on April 14, 2008, 08:38:28 PM
What is the PA mission load out in the Southwest section? 
I am in Western MD and my Group might need to cover a much larger area than usual.

like most of CAP, sometimes lots, sometimes jack. 

cnitas

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on April 14, 2008, 08:39:01 PM

Yeah I don't know about spending over $100 on gas to go up there for an ELT.  Mikey you want to transfer to one of our squadrons?  You can set up a branch office up there.

Its reimbursable by the AF, and this was their decision.  I could use the 'real world' missions for my trainees.  It gets slow out here in Western MD sometimes.  We don't have all those 'ELTs' you Annapolis guys do.

MER-MD-003

SarDragon

Why not do a swap - give PAWG to MER or GLR, and give MD and DE to NER?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

_

Quote from: cnitas on April 14, 2008, 08:43:33 PM
Its reimbursable by the AF, and this was their decision.
Getting reimbursed months later doesn't count. 

Quote from: cnitas on April 14, 2008, 08:43:33 PMWe don't have all those 'ELTs' you Annapolis guys do.
I can't help it if the ELT missions find me.  8)

Big_Ed

Seeking meaningful participation --

If you need something in South West PA  (Somerset, Fayette, Cambria & Westmoreland counties), just call us, we'll offer to consult.  Two incident commanders.  330-317-1774

E. Flick, Lt. Colonel, CAP
C. Flick, Major, CAP 
Edgar R. Flick, Lt. Colonel, CAP
Emergency Services Training Officer,
Pennsylvania Wing/NERPA001
Member since 1977

Al Sayre

Wow,

Sorry to hear this happened.  It really gives me some extra incentive to make sure my house is in order for our upcoming inspection.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Pumbaa

This is a mass email I received

Commanders,

Unfortunately I had to ground Pennsylvania Wing yesterday, because of there unsatisfactory in safety on there CI inspection. All aircraft and vehicles are grounded, all training and emergency missions are suspended. I am going to do every think in my power to get Pennsylvania up and running as fast as possible. I will be asking for your help to see this through and I know we can get this accomplished soon. I have asked Col Mull and Col Sirois to lead the way and resolve this ASAP. The issues in question has bin lingering for quit some time and it is no reflection on Col Lee.

Thank you
Col Robert Diduch
NER CC

_

At this point it's probably a bit premature to guess to what extent this whole thing will affect all wings involved.  Something went wrong and it will be fixed.  I'm sure this "event" is now the prime focus of the organization.  Fixes will probably come fairly soon.  If called I'll go up there to help but I'm not quite to the point of calling my aunt up there for a place to stay for a while.  Now as for making some jokes and such, no offense is meant towards any PA people.  I was born there and really like the state.  Anyway, I call dibs on Hawk Mountain.  We'll make it NESA east or something.