National Board Live Video Feed

Started by JC004, August 09, 2007, 04:48:54 AM

RiverAux

If I as a general CAP member could sit in at the town hall meeting in person, then it should be webcasted so everybody should see it. 

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on August 10, 2007, 03:46:47 PM
If I as a general CAP member could sit in at the town hall meeting in person, then it should be webcasted so everybody should see it. 

You are a general now?  I AM THE GENERAL.   :'(

RiverAux

yeah, I saw that after I posted...how about "average CAP member"?

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on August 10, 2007, 03:48:55 PM
yeah, I saw that after I posted...how about "average CAP member"?

lol.  As long as you don't steal the general flag that I am making out of construction paper.

RiverAux

you're welcome to it...I'm tired of sewing new stuff on my uniforms anyway...

Skyray

John, it's a fine line.  While I agree with you in general, what is to stop some nut from jumping up on National Television and making a totally inappropriate statement about what is currently going on.  One of yesterday's editions of NOTF said that they had their spi....,er reporters all over the meeting.  Maybe we should swallow our prejudice and try to analyze the NOTF account of what goes on.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

JC004

Does anyone here have any spies at the conference, who might be able to report on this meeting?

Skyray

Quote from: JC004 on August 10, 2007, 04:06:38 PM
Does anyone here have any spies at the conference, who might be able to report on this meeting?

I haven't seen anyone posting who was at the conference, although there was some moaning yesterday about the hotel charging thirteen dollars a day for internet access.  I'm sure if someone is watching the board who is attending the town hall meeting we will get an update.
Doug Johnson - Miami

LtCol White

Quote from: Skyray on August 10, 2007, 04:03:20 PM
John, it's a fine line.  While I agree with you in general, what is to stop some nut from jumping up on National Television and making a totally inappropriate statement about what is currently going on.  One of yesterday's editions of NOTF said that they had their spi....,er reporters all over the meeting.  Maybe we should swallow our prejudice and try to analyze the NOTF account of what goes on.

This was my point as well and I totally agree. Anything discussed will come out. It just won't be played out live in a media form. I think this is prudent given what is going on.
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

RiverAux

If they want to hold a commanders only private meeting I've got no problems with that at all -- however, if it is open to the public in person, and we've got the capabilitity to put it online, then we should. 

If someone makes an inappropriate statement, I've got full confidence that BG Coulter could handle it properly and move on to something else. 

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on August 10, 2007, 05:17:33 PM
If they want to hold a commanders only private meeting I've got no problems with that at all -- however, if it is open to the public in person, and we've got the capabilitity to put it online, then we should. 

If someone makes an inappropriate statement, I've got full confidence that BG Coulter could handle it properly and move on to something else. 

too late for that.  we need a spy!

docspur

Quote from: JC004 on August 10, 2007, 05:19:08 PM

hmmmm...wonder if Dr Miller (MO Wing...at conf) is busy?  ;)

Capt DL Spurlock, Commander
NCR-MO-127 - Trail of Tears Composite Squadron

Group IV Safety Officer
Missouri Wing

JC004

Quote from: docspur on August 10, 2007, 05:23:21 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 10, 2007, 05:19:08 PM

hmmmm...wonder if Dr Miller (MO Wing...at conf) is busy?  ;)

Al Gore invented cell phones for a reason...   :angel:

docspur

Quote from: Skyray on August 10, 2007, 04:11:23 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 10, 2007, 04:06:38 PM

I haven't seen anyone posting who was at the conference, although there was some moaning yesterday about the hotel charging thirteen dollars a day for internet access.  I'm sure if someone is watching the board who is attending the town hall meeting we will get an update.

I've always wondered about the decisions on having the location of the National Confs at such high priced places.  Yes, I know they want to have a nice place...but they sure price out those of us that aren't wealthy.  Lucky for me that the Conf in 2005 was in St Louis so I could go home each night.  I probably won't be able to attend another NC again unless it is held in the area....and Wing is starting to go that "expensive" route too.

um...was that off topic?

Group IV Safety Officer
Missouri Wing

mikeylikey

^  No.  It is getting more costly each day to be a CAP member!  However the majority of the Senior membership are Officers, so........they figure we have the $$
What's up monkeys?

Skyray

You guys missed the SER Conference on a cruise ship--now there was an expensive conference.
Doug Johnson - Miami

mikeylikey

^ Kidding right?  Was it a Booze Cruise?  Anyone "fall overboard"? 
What's up monkeys?

DrDave

DocSpur,

Dr. Dave here, sorry I flew back to St. Louis late Wednesday night after the completion of the national PAO Academy so I'm not still at the National Board Conference.  

Would have loved to have stayed, I always have like fireworks ... :)

(And I make such a good spy too ...)

Dr. Dave
Lt. Col. (Dr.) David A. Miller
Director of Public Affairs
Missouri Wing
NCR-MO-098

"You'll feel a slight pressure ..."

JC004

Quote from: DrDave on August 10, 2007, 06:02:08 PM
DocSpur,

Dr. Dave here, sorry I flew back to St. Louis late Wednesday night after the completion of the national PAO Academy so I'm not still at the National Board Conference. 

Dr. Dave

grr...I got excited too.  I thought we could have got the scoop.

docspur

Quote from: DrDave on August 10, 2007, 06:02:08 PM
DocSpur,

Dr. Dave

Welcome Home, Sir.  I know you could put James Bond to shame.  Maybe we can find someone else.

<Off Topic Alert> BTW...I've put in for my Loening...finally got that Senior Rating in Info Tech I've been working on.  Can I come to Group II now? ;)

just kidding...maybe.

Group IV Safety Officer
Missouri Wing