Main Menu

Hypothetical Situation

Started by NIN, September 22, 2012, 01:33:53 AM

NIN

Quote from: Nathan on November 13, 2012, 12:22:51 AM
Erm, that leads to a high school girls volleyball game coverage...  :)

High school girls volleyball vs Navy SEALs?  I know who I'm betting on. 
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

AngelWings

Quote from: NIN on November 13, 2012, 02:09:10 AM

Depends on the beauty of the HS girls  >:D

Garibaldi

Quote from: AngelWings on November 13, 2012, 02:23:49 AM

I was about to go all ballistic and remembered you're a cadet and that's allowed...for you.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Майор Хаткевич

+1

I was going to say. OK for some, not for most on here though

Stonewall

My bad.  Here's the link.  Interesting, yet not a surprising story.

Ha!  He joined the Navy Reserves in 1978, went to Great Lakes and was discharged 19 days later.

A lot of the bogus claims I come across are so similar.  Many are people who did actually enlist into the military, but failed to complete initial training or their first enlistment. 
Serving since 1987.

manfredvonrichthofen

That seems to be the norm, they go in with high expectations and plans of going far, but they end up not being able to adapt, or hurt themselves in the beginning. I feel sorry for some of them. Some seem to be decent guys, except for the lies.

AngelWings

Quote from: Garibaldi on November 13, 2012, 06:15:43 AM
Quote from: AngelWings on November 13, 2012, 02:23:49 AM

I was about to go all ballistic and remembered you're a cadet and that's allowed...for you.
I didn't think that one through...

MSG Mac

what really galls me is that he only fessed-up and apologized to stop people calling him about it.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Stonewall

So what's the status on this lady?  I saw that she is "away from her duties as DAE", but has anything else happened?

Am I opening a can of worms?  I'm just curious.  I checked out her FB and there hasn't been any activity in a few days, and I noticed A LOT of CAP "friends" that probably gave her a crap ton of respect, most likely for alleged military history.
Serving since 1987.

SARDOC

Quote from: Stonewall on November 17, 2012, 12:36:23 AM
So what's the status on this lady?  I saw that she is "away from her duties as DAE", but has anything else happened?

Am I opening a can of worms?  I'm just curious.  I checked out her FB and there hasn't been any activity in a few days, and I noticed A LOT of CAP "friends" that probably gave her a crap ton of respect, most likely for alleged military history.

As far as I know she's still on the Job. 

ProdigalJim

She's not. There's an acting DAE...and he's already sending out stuff and working actively.

Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

West MI-CAP-Ret

MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

SARDOC

Quote from: ProdigalJim on November 17, 2012, 06:48:50 PM
She's not. There's an acting DAE...and he's already sending out stuff and working actively.

The email message I saw was that she was just on leave for about two months.  Not that she was out permanently...has something else been announced?

UH60guy

As an actual Army Aviation officer, one thing that is telling is that she didn't lie "enough." I'm betting she only lied about rank and job title, probably actually earned the other ribbons, and they didn't make the DD 214.

The purple heart may/may not be the truth, but all her ribbons only support her being a one-termer enlisted Soldier. She's sporting the Army Good Conduct Medal- only given to enlisted members. There's no clasp on it, so she would have served between 3 and 6 years. Not that many get picked up for OCS that early.

Also, the fact that her highest award (PH excepted) is an Achievement medal indicates she was probably never a Captain. The Army gives out Army Commendation medals to officers like candy every time we PCS or leave active duty. She should have at least one from leaving the service. If the AAM is the highest she got for leaving, that is very typical for junior enlisted (also supported by the lone GCM). She should also have an Air Medal if her Iraq tour involved any flying- remember the Air Medal can and often is awarded for 6 months of combat flight duty, not necessarily a specific act of valor.  Most of the rest are service medals we all get. Heck, I got 4 for one trip to Afghanistan- NATO, Overseas, Afghanistan Campaign, and an Air Medal, then an ARCOM when I PCS'd after returning stateside.

I bet she's a junior enlisted who just lied about her rank (to get CAP rank maybe?), job title, and probably the PH, but didn't bother to recreate the proper ribbon rack to back up her story.
Maj Ken Ward
VAWG Internal AEO

Rick-DEL

Re: It's not enough...
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2012, 12:19:27 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is sad. There are few things we veterans can walk away with outside of memories, friends, or physical ailments. And, decorations are physical appreciations we get for our service. To see others walk into a surplus store or click a mouse online to "purchase" a fake history angers many. I know for one, what I have is what I earned and that cannot be devalued by fraudsters, but I do believe there should be a much stiffer penalty imposed on them.

To the above, I had posted this to another thread a while back, but I still feel the same. The highest I earned was the USAF Achievement Medal, which was twice. Other than that, all the rest were common amongst the ranks (i.e. GC, Marksman, OU, etc.). If you're gonna fake it, why jump to the PH or CMH? Jeez.

Devil Doc

Believe it or Not, ive been called a Phony :( BTW havnt heard from you guys in awhile how ya been NIN?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

Devil Doc

Sorry forgot you too Stonewal!!
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

NIN

Quote from: Devil Doc on December 21, 2012, 01:22:30 AM
Believe it or Not, ive been called a Phony :( BTW havnt heard from you guys in awhile how ya been NIN?

Hehe, keeping it real up here. :)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Stonewall

Serving since 1987.

JK657

According to some recent comments posted on the website that busted her, this lady is now trying to join the Florida wing... Just FYI