Main Menu

Hypothetical Situation

Started by NIN, September 22, 2012, 01:33:53 AM

Stonewall

She certainly isn't shy about posting pictures on her FB.
Serving since 1987.

SARDOC

Well, I've never met her and don't know her story.  I can attest to the fact that not all my awards appear on any or all of my DD214's or my NGB22...I do have the documentation to prove those awards but heck...none of my DD214's even appear in my online Veteran's Service Record.  I would at least give her the benefit of doubt and let her story be heard before being found guilty in the court of public opinion.

Stonewall

Quote from: SARDOC on November 06, 2012, 02:46:10 AM
  I would at least give her the benefit of doubt and let her story be heard before being found guilty in the court of public opinion.

Those guys at "This Ain't Hell" do their homework.  While there is always a margin of error, I think it's highly unlikely that her DD214 is messed up so bad that it failed to show combat service in Iraq, Purple Heart, army pilot wings, OIF participation, or her rank as an officer.  Instead, it shows under 2 years of enlisted service.

I'm not saying there isn't the potential for something to be missing, but that is A LOT to have screwed up on your 214.  And trust me, I too speak from experience.  Not a single one of my 214/22s are 100% accurate, but together, with supporting vMPF/AFPRC documents, I can prove all the crap I've earned, which is a lot as far as quantity, but not so impressive when it comes to quality.
Serving since 1987.

NIN

Quote from: SARDOC on November 06, 2012, 02:46:10 AM
Well, I've never met her and don't know her story.  I can attest to the fact that not all my awards appear on any or all of my DD214's or my NGB22...I do have the documentation to prove those awards but heck...none of my DD214's even appear in my online Veteran's Service Record.  I would at least give her the benefit of doubt and let her story be heard before being found guilty in the court of public opinion.

It is *highly* unlikely that you're going to be a medically "retired" Captain combat veteran UH-60 pilot and Purple Heart recipient and NONE of that is reflected in ANY of your records, and instead only has you as a PFC with less than 2 years of total service.

I been to one World's Fair, a picnic and a rodeo and that's the gol-darndest thing I ever read on the Innnerwebs..

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

SARDOC

While I also find it hard to believe, does anybody have a have a hi-res image enough to discern those are actually those are pilot wings and not the Army Aircrew wings that appear in her record.

NIN

Quote from: SARDOC on November 06, 2012, 03:12:54 AM
While I also find it hard to believe, does anybody have a have a hi-res image enough to discern those are actually those are pilot wings and not the Army Aircrew wings that appear in her record.

Yes
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Flying Pig

Interesting reading through some of the comments on that site related to her.  Obviously many people who dont have any idea what CAP is.  One of the posts on that site said she has recently resigned from CAP over "politics".

Stonewall

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 06, 2012, 04:21:00 PM
Interesting reading through some of the comments on that site related to her.  Obviously many people who dont have any idea what CAP is.  One of the posts on that site said she has recently resigned from CAP over "politics".

"Politics" of being called out and NOT being able to provide verifiable documents as to her earning combat awards, pilot wings, a commission, or anything more than <2 years of enlisted service.  Anyone claiming such awards/status, should be willing to provide proof.  You're a SEAL?  Could you please provide a DD214 or perhaps a BUDS class number?  Interestingly enough, she is not listed on any Purple Heart recipient lists (whcih I know is not all inclusive).  But still, can she even verbally provide the names of her fellow aircrew that were shot down with her?  I'm guessing she'll simply bow out of CAP and lay blame on everyone else.

Assuming that these allegations are true, which I believe them to be, a BOLO needs to go out (officially or unofficially) to units in surrounding wings so she doesn't pick up where she left off.  Looks like she's the VAWG DAE and I'm familiar with where she's located.  She could easily cross over to WVWG, DCWG, or PAWG.  Hopefully she'll be 2B'd and banned from renewing or rejoining down the road.

Serving since 1987.

Flying Pig

Been more than a few shown the door.  After such a distinguished and dynamic career, not one photo of her standing next to a TH55 in flight school?  Not one standing next to a UH60?  Heck... Ill settle for a photo of her having her PH pinned on. 

NIN

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 06, 2012, 05:57:45 PM
Been more than a few shown the door.  After such a distinguished and dynamic career, not one photo of her standing next to a TH55 in flight school?  Not one standing next to a UH60?  Heck... Ill settle for a photo of her having her PH pinned on.

Can't have what doesn't exist, Rob. :(
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: NIN on November 06, 2012, 06:11:46 PM

Can't have what doesn't exist, Rob. :(
You've obviously never heard of Photoshop...

NIN

Quote from: JeffDG on November 06, 2012, 06:16:29 PM

Thats funny (for a whole bunch of reasons!)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: NIN on November 06, 2012, 06:18:20 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on November 06, 2012, 06:16:29 PM

Thats funny (for a whole bunch of reasons!)
I like multi-layer humour! >:D

Stonewall

Been more than a few shown the door. 

Yes, and there will be more.  So far, 4 from CAP Talk alone have been busted.

In my 25 year affiliation with CAP, I have personally been involved with calling out at least 7 or 8, and that's in CAP.  Outside of CAP, a few more, to include 2 that were being paid by the military/government for their apparent "special skill set".  From a neighbor to an Air Force (civilian) CATM instructor, I've had more than a few just fall into my lap with their BS.  Truth is, they rarely expect anyone to have the balls to call them out. 
Serving since 1987.

bosshawk

It's interesting to see how quickly the BS flag gets thrown by those of us who have BTDT for any length of time.  Can't vouch for the other services, but  a long-time Army guy can sort out the BS in a hurry.  I happened to have served in joint assignments with the AF enough times to sort of have a working knowledge of their ops.

Guess that this gal has a hand full of problems.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

PHall

Quote from: bosshawk on November 07, 2012, 05:52:40 AMGuess that this gal has a hand full of problems.

That's the understatement of the week Paul.

Garibaldi

Quote from: PHall on November 07, 2012, 05:58:59 AM
Quote from: bosshawk on November 07, 2012, 05:52:40 AMGuess that this gal has a hand full of problems.

That's the understatement of the week Paul.

Jeez, I got problems and I have never once considered trying to be something that I'm not. I yam wat I yam and that's all wat I yam.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

Private Investigator

Quote from: Stonewall on November 07, 2012, 03:30:26 AM
Been more than a few shown the door. 

Yes, and there will be more.  So far, 4 from CAP Talk alone have been busted.

In my 25 year affiliation with CAP, I have personally been involved with calling out at least 7 or 8, and that's in CAP.  Outside of CAP, a few more, to include 2 that were being paid by the military/government for their apparent "special skill set".  From a neighbor to an Air Force (civilian) CATM instructor, I've had more than a few just fall into my lap with their BS.  Truth is, they rarely expect anyone to have the balls to call them out.

It is good to know we have a few people who will call them out. So many places everyone wants to be politically correct.

Stonewall

No way!  Someone claimed to be a SEAL and they lied?  That NEVER happens...

I'll be watching THIS tomorrow night.
Serving since 1987.

Nathan

Quote from: Stonewall on November 11, 2012, 11:02:46 PM
No way!  Someone claimed to be a SEAL and they lied?  That NEVER happens...

I'll be watching THIS tomorrow night.

Erm, that leads to a high school girls volleyball game coverage...  :)
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.