Main Menu

Triangle thingy spottings

Started by RiverAux, May 16, 2010, 01:55:47 PM

RiverAux

In order to kill the triangle-thingy we need to know where it is.  Thankfully, it is off the cover of the Volunteer. 

Where else have you seen it lately?

Here it is on the NCSAs page: http://ncsas.com/ (incidentally, why do NCSAs have their own .com website?

CAP PAO Toolkit: http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cap_national_hq/public_affairs/cap_pao_toolkit/ page as well as on the new CAP posters you can find on that page.

PAO Academy webpage: http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/cap_national_hq/public_affairs/cap_public_affairs_officer_academy/

JC004

Hmmm...Sort of hunt it down and kill it where it lives?

Well, as I mentioned on my thread, after putting together the gallery of wing web sites (then region, by request), I found no use on ANY wing web sites in their headers.  This is excellent news.

I also found it on the Annual Reports and financial statements.

There is no record of it that I can find in any National Board minutes, etc. concerning its adoption as an official CAP symbol.  This is one reason that I am very opposed to it and asking members to add the Kill The Triangle Thingy banner to their CAPTalk signature (heck, use it elsewhere too, if you'd like). 

The triangle and prop in general, of course, are deeply rooted in CAP's history.  However, as Major C has noted, this is a totally new version with no blue field and doesn't really depict our traditional symbol well.  It is also hard to read as has been noted.  It dilutes our brand FURTHER than it is already being diluted.  I see no reason for it.

Thank you for finding the NCSA domain.  I must add it to my list that I've started of CAP domains.  Just as with logos, apparently we do not have nearly enough domains either... >:(

O-Rex

Perhaps we won't have to wait for the next national commander to kill it, let's put it in the Siberian holding place where they keep the old statues of Stalin, it can occupy the space right next to where they'll put the CSU....

JC004

Quote from: O-Rex on May 16, 2010, 10:21:12 PM
Perhaps we won't have to wait for the next national commander to kill it, let's put it in the Siberian holding place where they keep the old statues of Stalin, it can occupy the space right next to where they'll put the CSU....

Hey...you're missing the banner from your sig line!   :'(

Major Carrales

Quote from: JC004 on May 16, 2010, 10:24:15 PM

You will note it is on mine as well.  Why?  Because this symbol has no basis in traditions and does not have the "paper trail" in CAP governance and protocol that could/would/should warrant the creation of such a change from nowhere.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

JC004

Quote from: Major Carrales on May 16, 2010, 10:28:17 PM
Quote from: JC004 on May 16, 2010, 10:24:15 PM

You will note it is on mine as well.  Why?  Because this symbol has no basis in traditions and does not have the "paper trail" in CAP governance and protocol that could/would/should warrant the creation of such a change from nowhere.

Outstanding.  Recommend backspacing the two banner codes together so they fit on the same line and don't take up so much vertical scroll space on the forum.   :clap:

Chief2009

Tally ho! NOC "logo" here: http://members.gocivilairpatrol.com/emergency_services/

I dare say this might be where it originated.

DN
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

JC004

The NOC logo is great.  It violates the flag code.   :'(

A.Member

It's also now on the Platinum Plus Mastercard offered to members.   The card used to have the seal on it.   :(

It now uses this exact logo and wording:
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

JC004

Do you have one?!  Cut it up!!!  WHY?!  WHY?!  WHY?!

>:(

PLEASE STOP THIS, NATIONAL.
Use the symbols duly approved by our governing bodies.  The symbols that have represented us for nearly 7 decades.

NIN

Here, have something to put in your sig (right-click, Save As.. to host it yourself, please.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

vmstan

Bonus points if you make the background transparent to fit with the alternating table colors ;)
MICHAEL M STANCLIFT, 1st Lt, CAP
Public Affairs Officer, NCR-KS-055, Heartland Squadron

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed
throughout Civil Air Patrol."

1949 Uniform and Insignia Committee comment on CAP Reg 35-4

A.Member

Quote from: NIN on May 19, 2010, 04:46:57 PM
Here, have something to put in your sig (right-click, Save As.. to host it yourself, please.

Note:  The two can coexist.  ;D
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Eclipse

Good 'ol DQ would be proud...

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Sometimes I like you, Bob.   ;D

vmstan

I had some downtime at work, figured I'd join in the fun. Didn't have access to Photoshop just Paint.NET so it's not as quality as I'd like.

I figure focus on what we want to use, and less on the crap we don't.

Image address is http://www.imgftw.net/img/627587043.png if you want to include it somewhere.

Quote"I wish to compliment NHQ on this extremely well and clearly written regulation.
This publication once and for all should establish the uniform pattern to be followed

Spaceman3750

Hm. Let's see, we started with the "kill the triangle thingey" logo, then NIN made something of the sort, and now Marshalus has created a sig to that effect. It seems to me that our anti-dilution sigs are becoming as diluted as the emblems/logos/etc themselves.

vmstan

Like everything else in CAP, no one agrees on the best way to go about things ;)

I don't see any reg that states anyone must use anyone elses signature images.

JC004

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on May 19, 2010, 08:32:06 PM
Hm. Let's see, we started with the "kill the triangle thingey" logo, then NIN made something of the sort, and now Marshalus has created a sig to that effect. It seems to me that our anti-dilution sigs are becoming as diluted as the emblems/logos/etc themselves.

Well...just as having posters or brochures with different themes and audiences, I suspect it is alright to have different banners as long as we have the same message.  At least at the moment, the message is the same.  It might be good if we had a universal wording throughout...a uniform slogan.

Spaceman3750

Quote from: JC004 on May 19, 2010, 09:51:50 PMjust as having posters or brochures with different themes and audiences, I suspect it is alright to have different banners as long as we have the same message.

You could use the same argument for the gazillion emblems and logos. Not that I support all of the emblems and logos, but you can apply that logic.