what do i need to bring to NESA (cadet)

Started by Abdomina, April 25, 2011, 09:03:45 PM

Abdomina

well this is my first time going to NESA and im doing basic ground team stuff. but i dont know what i need (like 72hr gear ETC) can anyone help me out and is anyone else going?

lordmonar

go to the nesa site and download the packing list.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Abdomina

JC004

yes. packing list.

go as light and compact as possible in everything, test everything, write your name on everything.

Spaceman3750

Don't count on being able to do laundry. Yeah, it's down the road but you'll be lucky if you have time and can get permission for a group to go down there.

WESSginger

Brig everything on the gear list! You will need all of it. But also don't spend a lot on ur gear either. I have taken 3 years to get my gear just the way I like it. Can't wait to see you there. I am one of the basic CTAs this year. I'll be the one with red hair the staff are calling ginger.
David Carriker, C/Capt, CAP
NESA staff #577/NBB Delta flight 2010/COS 2011 Flight 5

WESSginger

Quote from: WESSginger on April 26, 2011, 04:03:22 AM
Brig everything on the gear list! You will need all of it. But also don't spend a lot on ur gear either. I have taken 3 years to get my gear just the way I like it. Can't wait to see you there. I am one of the basic CTAs this year. I'll be the one with red hair the staff are calling ginger.
*Bring

EMT-83

Stonewall

Quote from: lordmonar on April 25, 2011, 10:20:15 PM
go to the nesa site and download the packing list.

I just went to the NESA site and couldn't find a packing list to download.

I did find this though...

Quote from: NESA SiteThe first day training day will include an inspection of each student's field gear. No student will be allowed to interrupt training to go shopping for new or replacement gear. Students must ensure they arrive with the gear, as specified in the National Emergency Services Academy Gear List. There are no opportunities for students to acquire gear during the activity.  It is imperative that students use the task guide and NESA's packing list to insure they have all required gear.

And Google helped me find the 2009 P&P Document, which does have a packing list.
Serving since 1987.

WESSginger

The 2009 should be fine. To my knowldge nothing has changed so it will be the same as this year's list.

Abdomina

yeah i wasnt able to find one and thanks for the 2009 one

WESSginger

Just remember to check the site regularly for updates and posting of the release forms.

husker

We did actually make some changes between 09/10 and this year.  The P&P isn't quite ready yet, but I'll see what I can do about just posting the packing lists. 
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
Deputy Director, National Emergency Services Academy
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

WESSginger

Quote from: husker on April 27, 2011, 01:44:30 AM
We did actually make some changes between 09/10 and this year.  The P&P isn't quite ready yet, but I'll see what I can do about just posting the packing lists.
Sorry. My bad sir.

husker

The packing list for the NGSAR schools has been uploaded to the GSAR section of the NESA site.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

husker

The full 2011 Policies and Procedures document has been uploaded under the Participant Information section of the NESA site.
Michael Long, Lt Col CAP
nesa.cap.gov
mlong (at) nesa.cap.gov

Stonewall

Good luck, enjoy.

Stonewall, Lt Col, CAP (Ret)
Commandant, NGSAR (Advanced), 1999
Serving since 1987.

Spaceman3750

Wish I could be there this year but I can't get time off of work.