CAPC-35 - Certificate of Appreciation Template

Started by Lancer, April 25, 2009, 07:26:37 PM

Lancer

Hi All,

To keep me from re-inventing the wheel, does anyone have a template for a CAPC-35, Certificate of Appreciation? Word, PDF, RTF, etc. Just to put the name and date info onto the existing certificates? Please reply to this thread and attach the file if you have it.

Many thanks in advance.

PhoenixRisen

Lancer

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on April 25, 2009, 08:26:34 PM
Found this on the NJWG website:

http://www.njwg.cap.gov/forms/capc35.pdf

I found that myself, but that's the entire certificate, and the document is locked with a password. Didn't feel like hacking it to delete the extranious data. Thanks though.

PhoenixRisen

My bad, sir!  Didn't realize you were asking for something other than being able to edit the name / date.

ßτε

Quote from: Lancer on April 25, 2009, 09:37:54 PM
Quote from: PhoenixCadet on April 25, 2009, 08:26:34 PM
Found this on the NJWG website:

http://www.njwg.cap.gov/forms/capc35.pdf

I found that myself, but that's the entire certificate, and the document is locked with a password. Didn't feel like hacking it to delete the extranious data. Thanks though.

What extraneous data would you need to delete? The form allows you to change the name and date. What else do you need?

JC004

I made one a while ago.  I will look for it.  If I find it, I will send it to you.

LtCol057

I just checked the NJ website and the cert looked ok.  Just need to use some heavier card stock that normal paper.

Lancer

Oh, the NJWG .dot and .pdf files are fine, if you want to print the whole certificate, but I have existing certificates from NHQ that I just want a template for that will let you put the name and the date on.

Spike

^ Play around in Word until you match up the names and dates with the location on your certificates.  Yes it may take five minutes, but then you will be done!  When you find the correct locations, save the file and post on CAPTALK.  We can then all use it.

Lancer

Quote from: Spike on April 26, 2009, 03:33:07 PM
^ Play around in Word until you match up the names and dates with the location on your certificates.  Yes it may take five minutes, but then you will be done!  When you find the correct locations, save the file and post on CAPTALK.  We can then all use it.

As I had said in my original post, I was hoping someone else would have already have done that, so I wouldn't have to 'Play around in Word...'.  Which is what it's looking like I'm going to have to do if Gen Colgan can't find the one he made.  ;D

Spike

No disrespect ever intended....but by the time we all replied and you replied, and "general Colgan" did whatever he does, you could have made your own and been done with whatever you needed to do.

Lancer

Quote from: Spike on April 26, 2009, 06:24:26 PM
No disrespect ever intended....but by the time we all replied and you replied, and "general Colgan" did whatever he does, you could have made your own and been done with whatever you needed to do.

Nor had I assumed any disrespect. It's not that I didn't have the time or the ability, I'd just sooner not waste a bunch of paper if someone else has already taken the time to do this.

JC004

I found the CLC certificate template, but not this one.

Spike

Quote from: JC004 on April 26, 2009, 06:45:28 PM

Great help "General".  Thanks for your tireless efforts.  Go back to doing whatever you do in your silly attempt to take over CAP. 

JC004

Quote from: Spike on April 26, 2009, 06:57:57 PM
Quote from: JC004 on April 26, 2009, 06:45:28 PM

Great help "General".  Thanks for your tireless efforts.  Go back to doing whatever you do in your silly attempt to take over CAP.

Silly you say now.  I'm not working on that right now, though.  I am building a new web site for myself.

Spike

Quote from: JC004 on April 27, 2009, 03:29:42 AM
Silly you say now.  I'm not working on that right now, though.  I am building a new web site for myself.

The "How great General Colgan is" website?  If you make it anything like the PAWG website, you should have millions of visitors a day  :-*

Seriously, I applaud  (   :clap:  ) you dedication to CAP, you are more important than you think.  Perhaps so important that a Wing Staff job may be waiting for you when PAWG gets a new Wing Commander??!!??!!

Now send me Philly cheese steaks and I will harass you no longer.   :)

JC004

No, no.  Resource site for non-profits.  Maybe it will have CAPC 35 templates too.  Unlike the PAWG site, I have a professional staff who can fill in the gaps on things that I am not good with - like graphics and some advanced programming.  That and I can get them to provide the things that I need because I am in charge, which is a pretty big difference over the PAWG site.  Actually, the test site looks pretty good.  I will send it to you when it is complete.

Cheesesteaks do not travel well.  There is no way to avoid this.

DBlair

This may seem like a stupid question, but is there any 'official' criteria for such a certificate to be awarded, or may it be awarded at will? If at will, what are the suggested criteria?
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

IceNine

Sorry to hijack but, here goes anyway.

Anyone have the template for the "new" Achievement Award?

I don't have a wide format to play with so my abilities to make one are hindered.  I'd just like to take the file to my local print shop and leave in just a few minutes, instead of hours
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

JC004