Main Menu

Hawk Mountain PT?

Started by cantthinkof1, February 05, 2013, 07:33:11 PM

SARDOC

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on February 07, 2013, 09:44:56 PM
Quote from: a2capt on February 06, 2013, 05:47:27 PM
..and on the right, we're passing Mt. Trashmore..

;D :clap: :clap: :clap:  Been there done that...too many times...

Agreed...Having worked many a Fourth of July event when I worked EMS there, I have ridden and traveled that entire park more times then I can count.

Sapper168

Quote from: cantthinkof1 on February 10, 2013, 11:21:37 PM
I was not selected to attend Hawk Mountain Ranger School for 2013.  ); 

Oh well, there's always next year.

Wait how do you know you weren't selected?  According to the 'activity status' section under the 'registration and payment' tab it says "All approved applications are listed as "Alternate" until the initial slotting takes place in March." 

It isn't march yet.  8)
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

SarDragon

That stands for: Read The Furnished Materials
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

cantthinkof1

Quote from: Ground_Pounder on February 13, 2013, 05:50:23 AM

Wait how do you know you weren't selected?  According to the 'activity status' section under the 'registration and payment' tab it says "All approved applications are listed as "Alternate" until the initial slotting takes place in March." 

It isn't march yet.  8)
My wing commander sent out an email listing the names of cadets that were selected.  I was confused at first too but I guess NJ Wing just finished slotting their cadets earlier??

Huey Driver

Quote from: cantthinkof1 on February 13, 2013, 11:51:52 PM

It isn't march yet.  8)
My wing commander sent out an email listing the names of cadets that were selected.  I was confused at first too but I guess NJ Wing just finished slotting their cadets earlier??

HMRS is an NCSA. You weren't at the NCSA review boards. Also, are you sure you completed the online module? Was your application sent to wing? We didn't have it there either.

Also, Wings don't slot cadets. They sort them into three categories; Green Lighted, Approved, and Not Approved.

Lastly, all Wings must process their applications by 16 Feb.

More info: http://ncsas.com/instructions/?understanding_the_slotting_process&show=entry&blogID=89
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

cantthinkof1

Quote from: JerseyCadet on February 14, 2013, 03:02:45 AM
Quote from: cantthinkof1 on February 13, 2013, 11:51:52 PM

It isn't march yet.  8)

HMRS is an NCSA. You weren't at the NCSA review boards. Also, are you sure you completed the online module? Was your application sent to wing? We didn't have it there either.

Also, Wings don't slot cadets. They sort them into three categories; Green Lighted, Approved, and Not Approved.

Lastly, all Wings must process their applications by 16 Feb.

More info: http://ncsas.com/instructions/?understanding_the_slotting_process&show=entry&blogID=89

I was at the NCSA review boards on the 26th at McGuire.  Yes I did complete the online module and my application was sent to wing.  I received an email through DragonNet and my name was not on the list so I assume I was not selected.

Sapper168

Quote from: cantthinkof1 on February 14, 2013, 03:12:43 AM

I was at the NCSA review boards on the 26th at McGuire.  Yes I did complete the online module and my application was sent to wing.  I received an email through DragonNet and my name was not on the list so I assume I was not selected.

What the heck is DragonNet?  :o

Ah i see the NCSA review board you are talking about was your at your wing level, not the actual national level.  Sounds like You weren't green lighted by your wing.
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

cantthinkof1

I wasn't green lighted by my wing.

Huey Driver

Okay we're pretty off topic now. But anyway, I don't know why you wouldn't show up as neither green lighted, approved, or disapproved. That would be a question for Lt. Col. Sperry. Not too late until 2359 tomorrow.

DragonNet is NJWG's Google Apps account for email, calendar, site hosting, drive, etc.
With malice toward none, with charity for all, with firmness in the right...

cantthinkof1

I was told that since I only applied for Hawk Mountain, it automatically gets approved since they take most people that apply.

sarmed1

HMRS has many (many) more slots than most other NCSA, however you still must follow your wings procedures in most cases to attend (many people, even sometimes returning students nad sometimes staff member still must go thru their wings NCSA selection process)

Ulitmately you need the Wing CC signature on your CAP 31 to apply.

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

a2capt

Quote from: cantthinkof1 on February 15, 2013, 07:45:29 PMI was told that since I only applied for Hawk Mountain, it automatically gets approved since they take most people that apply.
Automatic and Most don't work in the same sentence here.  "I was told" is famous for many steller incidents of misleading people.. Read the steps, for yourself. Follow them carefully. This is excellent advice that works from your first stripe, to the last diamond.

cantthinkof1

Quote from: a2capt on February 19, 2013, 05:57:51 PM
Quote from: cantthinkof1 on February 15, 2013, 07:45:29 PMI was told that since I only applied for Hawk Mountain, it automatically gets approved since they take most people that apply.
Automatic and Most don't work in the same sentence here.  "I was told" is famous for many steller incidents of misleading people.. Read the steps, for yourself. Follow them carefully. This is excellent advice that works from your first stripe, to the last diamond.
Nope.  Stated it word for word (other than, "I was told...") in the first person  ;)

redstar1110

always believe you can do it and the staff will make sure you you are not put into danger plus you are surrounded by a lot of medics and Doctors, there is a lot of yelling and motivation, its fun and encouraging you will have fun.