Main Menu

M.R.E

Started by johnboy, June 23, 2010, 03:15:59 PM

Major Lord

Perfect, thanks!

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

PA Guy

Quote from: johnboy on June 23, 2010, 03:15:59 PM
Do we get to eat M.R.E'S at Encampment? ???

To ans. your question.  Some encampments have them most don't.

jeders

At the TXWG encampment in 02 we had MREs from sometime around/prior to the Atlanta Summer Olympics everyday for lunch. I usually traded away the main meal for the peanut butter and crackers. I don't know if TXWG still does MREs at encampments.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

JC004

Quote from: Major Lord on June 24, 2010, 02:04:09 AM
Perfect, thanks!

Major Lord

No problem.  I cheated cuz I already knew about that site.   :)  Did you bring me kangaroo meat?  mmmm

Raja1020

Ate my first MRE today, Meatloaf with gravy...... actually, the meatloaf itself wasn't bad at all i put the BBQ sauce on it and took the two crackers and put Peanut butter and grape jelly on them.... BUT! The mashed potatoes,grape Gatorade like drink and iced tea mix were bad........But I wouldn't mind eating MRE's if I had to.

raivo

Quote from: Cadet Shawn Bhatti on June 24, 2010, 11:49:20 PM
But I wouldn't mind eating MRE's if I had to.

Clearly, you've never had the Cheese Omelette. >:D

CAP Member, 2000-20??
USAF Officer, 2009-2018
Recipient of a Mitchell Award Of Irrelevant Number

"No combat-ready unit has ever passed inspection. No inspection-ready unit has ever survived combat."

Raja1020

lol from what I've heard, I don't intend to.

Майор Хаткевич

MREs aren't that bad now, especially the ones with a heater.

In the field, it's the perfect meal.

capsar67

MREs are ok as long as you get beef stew and a hooah bar.

Nathan

My favorite was the vegetable manicotti. There wasn't anything in them that made me sick, the manicotti tasted fine cold, a good portion of it was easy to save for later (wheat bread), and it didn't require any extra preparation (like the chemical heaters). I went to NESA and traded whatever I had for vegetable manicotti, and when I got home, I pretty much switched my entire ES load out with them.
Nathan Scalia

The post beneath this one is a lie.

HGjunkie

Quote from: raivo on June 25, 2010, 08:50:56 AM

I have, and I will never touch one of those again without plenty of tobasco and salt and pepper... 8)
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Eclipse

During the summer, the easiest way to heat an MRE is on the hood or dashboard of a vehicle:

"That Others May Zoom"

HGjunkie

:clap:
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Spaceman3750

At NESA we actually had a kid that loves those things. I'll never understand it. Personally, I stick with Chicken Fajitas, Ravioli (never had the pleasure but I hear it's very good) or cookies/pound cake/peanut butter plus the meals I carry with my field gear.

JC004

Star-Maker

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on June 28, 2010, 02:24:44 AM

At NESA we actually had a kid that loves those things. I'll never understand it. Personally, I stick with Chicken Fajitas, Ravioli (never had the pleasure but I hear it's very good) or cookies/pound cake/peanut butter plus the meals I carry with my field gear.

Yeah, he went around trying to get people to trade him their cheese omelettes during field meal times.  I expect we're talking about the same guy (can there really be two who love those things?).  People were pretty happy to trade him.
"The star-maker says 'It ain't so bad.'" - The Killers

GTL, GTM1, UDF, MRO

CUL(T), MS(T), MSA(T)

blkhwk

I guess one good side effect of the MRE's would be that you wouldn't have to wait for an empty stall to drop a deuce in. They have this tendency to slow the movement of food through the "system" to a crawl after eating them for a few days.

SarDragon

Interesting. They have the opposite effect on me, but not to an extreme extent.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

AlphaSigOU

Commercial resale of U.S. Government-issued MREs are prohibited. This is why the major MRE manufacturers make MRE 'clones' you can purchase online or at your local camping supply or army-navy surplus store.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040