True North Aero Vest Loadout

Started by Jerry Jacobs, July 22, 2009, 09:40:52 AM

Jerry Jacobs

Hay all,

Yesterday I received my new vest from True North (pictured below).  I'm trying to figure out how exactly to load it up as far as UDF gear goes and hopefully putting GTM3 gear in it as well.  Anyone else have experience with this?

Also As far as the the F.O.G goes, how do you guys go about using it?  Its just a bit to small to fit a task guide in it. Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Jerry Jacobs

davedove

I'm in the process of configuring my gear as well.  I still haven't got it just the way I want it.

It's not an ideal solution, but I trimmed down the task guide to make it fit.  There is plenty of border space on the pages to do this.  I can't say I like the solution, but it worked.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

isuhawkeye

I have had this particular vest for a year now, and I really like it.  Did you get the belt, but pack, or hydration system with it??

It just took trial and error for me to figure out how to load it best for me.

Jerry Jacobs

Thats what I was thinking, just trim the Task Guide.

And I just got the vest.  But I'm thinking that I'm going to just jerry rig an extra pack using the loops on the shoulder pads if I have to for GTM gear.  I'll try to tell you guys how it goes.

Mustang

I print all task guides at half-size and have them coil-bound at Kinko's.  That'd probably fit.
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "