Main Menu

Help ID Sleeping Bag

Started by bricktonfire, May 08, 2008, 10:34:43 PM

bricktonfire

i have a sleeping bag i know for a fact that it has to been used from the 1940's to the 1960's i ithink it Koera war but not sure i will post a picture later but i will do my best to tell you about it

it a OD green wool sleeping bag and a caves matrial for the shell to keep the wool dry.

HELP PLEASE

Descriptive title - MIKE

Eeyore

What exactly is the question?

bricktonfire

i need to know what time poind it came form that all

mikeylikey

Does it have a tag sewn on somewhere??  If so, post the info here and someone can help you out.
What's up monkeys?

Pylon

Regarding the tag, if it has a tag, see if it has an NSN (National Stock Number) on it somewhere.  That'll identify it pretty quick.

Otherwise, a picture is worth more than a thousand words.

And you might also have better luck with identifying obscure military field gear in web communities dedicated to that kind of stuff.  Though I'm sure there are a few people here who have a wide variety of experience in the field, you'll simply find a higher concentration of them in communities like MCF and their counterparts.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

bricktonfire

here are the picture of my sleeping bag

[attachment deleted by admin]

notaNCO forever

I'd say it's probably from around the Korean war but I can't tell you for sure; wish I could be of more help.

stillamarine

Hmm, well what's the date on that tag say?? That should tell ya! What's the stock number say, I'll look it up for ya.
Tim Gardiner, 1st LT, CAP

USMC AD 1996-2001
USMCR    2001-2005  Admiral, Great State of Nebraska Navy  MS, MO, UDF
tim.gardiner@gmail.com

SarDragon

Quote from: stillamarine on May 11, 2008, 10:40:10 PM
Hmm, well what's the date on that tag say?? That should tell ya! What's the stock number say, I'll look it up for ya.

That's an unfamiliar stock number format. It doesn't match anything I'm familiar with. You might have some trouble looking it up, especially online.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pylon

Well the tag says "Dated Feb 1 194..." (can't see the last digit; it's folded under).  That should be one clue.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

bricktonfire

jimmydeanno

Quote from: lilred36781 on May 08, 2008, 11:17:39 PM
i need to know what time period it came form that all...

I think your question has been answered, it was made in 1945.  That's what time period it came from.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill