Cadet Weapons Qualifications Badge

Started by jb512, March 27, 2008, 07:09:19 AM

arajca

Those are described as "vintage", so the current versions may actually be authorized since they seem to updated versions of the same medals.

jb512

And.......

They're just like the ones we are currently using.  Just because the currently available ones from the NRA do not have the words "Junior" on them does not make them improper for wear.

Again, they are the badges currently available for the NRA junior marksmanship program, the cadets shoot the course of fire for that program, and they are authorized to wear the badges that the NRA sells for their qualification score.

Hawk200

I see that people are going to do whatever they want, and continue many of the same problems that we have.

If anyone can answer me this with a good answer, I'll leave you people to writing your own rules: If it doesn't have to say "junior" on it, then why does CAPM 39-1 refer to it as a "Junior National Rifle Asociation Marksmanship badge"? If it doesn't have to, why is the manual so specific?

I doubt anyone actually has a legitimate answer, just simple rationalizations that allow them to jump on the bandwagon, and cheapen the hard work that some of our cadets (and many teens not even in our program) spend months and years working for.

CBidlow

A few years back at my basic encampment, we had the ability to get the NRA Marksman badge.  I got it, but since then the CAWG Encampments dont off the NRA qualification any more.
C/CMSgt Cody C. Bidlow
Santa Barbara Composite Squadron 131
CA240 Group 4

jb512

Quote from: Hawk200 on March 29, 2008, 03:53:49 PM
I see that people are going to do whatever they want, and continue many of the same problems that we have.

If anyone can answer me this with a good answer, I'll leave you people to writing your own rules: If it doesn't have to say "junior" on it, then why does CAPM 39-1 refer to it as a "Junior National Rifle Asociation Marksmanship badge"? If it doesn't have to, why is the manual so specific?

The one that we wear is the badge for the junior NRA marksmanship program.  It is the one that the NRA offers, and is for the program they currently provide.  No reasonable person would expect us to award a badge you can only find on ebay in the vintage section and is not currently produced.

I doubt anyone actually has a legitimate answer, just simple rationalizations that allow them to jump on the bandwagon, and cheapen the hard work that some of our cadets (and many teens not even in our program) spend months and years working for.

Yes, I doubt that we'll find an answer that'll make you happy.

addo1

Quote from: ♠Recruiter♠ on March 27, 2008, 07:45:21 PM
Yeah, that is a possibility. I know of a cadet who proudly wears his NRA badge on the blues. I think all you have to do to get the ok to wear the badge is show proof that you've completed NRA courses.

I do too..  I just have my ceftificate that authorizes me to wear it..
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010