Main Menu

CAP...news?

Started by jimmydeanno, August 08, 2007, 07:44:20 PM

jimmydeanno

So, I was just reviewing the news they have on cap.gov ~ kind of interesting.

QuoteMo. squadron seeks hangar space for hoped-for plane

Ft. Leonard Wood Composite commander appears before airport board
August 02, 2007

MISSOURI -- Maj. John O'Reilly, commander of one of the Missouri Wing's newest units, the Fort Leonard Wood Composite Squadron, appeared before the Waynesville-St. Robert Joint Airport Board recently to seek access to an indoor hangar for the airplane that wing officials are considering assigning the squadron, the Waynesville Daily Guide reports. While the board took no vote, one commissioner told O'Neill that "I'd like to have the Civil Air Patrol get priority so if they get a plane, they get space ... if somebody is going to help the community, we should help them."

So, the squadron is hoping to get a place for a plane that they may get sometime in the future because the wing is considering assigning an airplane there. The airport board didn't vote, but one guy said he'd like to have a CAP plane there and they should be put in a priority position for a spot if one becomes available, but only if they happen to get one...

I completely understand what they're trying to do, but I wouldn't exactly call this "news," nevermind national level news...

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

LtCol White

I saw it as well. They need to be better about what they put on there. Its great that they are working on that but is that what we want visitors to read when they come to the site for the first time??
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

Quote from: LtCol White on August 08, 2007, 07:49:01 PM
I saw it as well. They need to be better about what they put on there. Its great that they are working on that but is that what we want visitors to read when they come to the site for the first time??

The same could be said for the Article about MG Pineda.

Comparitively I don't see anything wrong with this article.  It's just showing a squadron playing by the book going and getting permission to get hangar space for a plane.

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

jimmydeanno

Yes, but it's not News yet...the National CC suspension article is news because something actually happened...

To me a news article about this would be,

"New CAP Squadron gains new home for new plane."

Mo. squadron gains hangar space for recently acquired plane.

Ft. Leonard Wood Composite commander appears before airport board
August 02, 2007

MISSOURI -- Maj. John O'Reilly, commander of one of the Missouri Wing's newest units, the Fort Leonard Wood Composite Squadron, appeared before the Waynesville-St. Robert Joint Airport Board recently to seek access to an indoor hangar for the airplane that wing officials recently assigned to the squadron. The board took a vote and approved the request.

One commissioner told O'Neill that, "I'm glad to have the Civil Air Patrol get priority for this space...it shows [that] if somebody is going to help the community, we will help them."

The space in the hangar will allow the new unit to better execute their emergency services mission by allowing the aircraft to be ready and accessable at all hours, in any weather conditions.

Maj O'Reilly closed by saying, "This is a great asset and we are very grateful to the airport board for approving this proposal.  I am glad that we can now better fullfill our mission to help this community in their times of need."
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Stonewall

Personally, I miss the monthly CAP News [paper].  Used to be you'd hear about every squadron from coast to coast.  Cadets doing this, seniors doing that.  Now, crap is either online or in the bi-monthly high gloss_high cost magazine where only about a 1/4 of the news that used to be published is actually seen by the members. 
Serving since 1987.