Regarding my Upcoming Retirement

Started by West MI-CAP-Ret, March 11, 2018, 07:08:10 PM

West MI-CAP-Ret

I'm retiring from CAP this coming April.  I'm suppose to get a retirement certificate and the Grover Loening Award, which will be presented during our wing's conference banquet   Since it's near where my parents live, I've invited them to see me "hang up my spurs" after 28 years.  What's great is that I've lost over 28 pounds so I can retire wearing my dress blues, with all my 'bling' (AF and CAP ribbons), something that since I haven't been working with cadets, I haven't been able to do (I let my weight get out of hand). 

Yes, I'm a geek.  I just spent $48 dollars to upgrade my ribbon rack to include the Grover Loening Award and the new AF ribbon, on something I'll never wear again (but I refuse to spend the money for a cover with lightning bolts for one night).

If anyone is going to the Michigan Wing Conference this April, and you know me (or you don't know me), you can come by and say hello.

I still enjoy the CAP Talk posts, so I'm not retiring from this group!

Major David J. D'Arcy, CAP
MAJ DAVID J. D'ARCY, CAP (Ret) 8 Apr 2018 (1974-1982, 1988-2018)
A former member of:
West Michigan Group MI-703,
Hudsonville Cadet Sqdron MI-135 (name changed to Park Township, Al Johnson Cadet Sqdrn)
Lakeshore Cadet Sqdrn MI-119
Van Dyke Cadet Sqdrn, MI-117
Phoenix Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-065 (inactive)
Novi Sixgate Cadet Sqdrn (inactive), MI-068
Inkster Cherry Hill Cadet Sqdrn MI-GLR-MI-283 (inactive)

MacGruff

Congratulations. And enjoy the event!

Live2Learn

JacobAnn

Congrats on all accounts.  You can be proud of what you have accomplished.

SAREXinNY

Congratulations! And there's nothing wrong with going out in style. You've earned it. Make sure you get plenty of pictures. You will cherish them for years to come.