Main Menu

CAP Email on iPhone6?

Started by KPinAK, March 03, 2018, 11:06:14 PM

KPinAK

Hi! Newbie here.  Does anyone know how to set up their cap email so they can view it on their iphone (on the regular email app, not on a separate Gmail app). 

I don't know if this is the case with all Wings, but AK Wing uses Google as our mail server.  I have a couple other google accounts with associated email, and I am able to read and write email messages from those Google accounts in the email app on my iPhone 6.  However, whenever I got to setting and try to add a new email account for my CAP email, I get what I think is all the way through, I get the idea I've added the account, I don't get any error messages, I get to the end of the process and it goes back to accounts.  But then when I look at all my email accounts, my cap email account is not there.

Anyone else have a similar problem? Anyone know a solution or something additional I can try.  If anyone recommends adding the account as "other" instead of "Google," do you have suggestions for what to enter for incoming & outgoing mail servers?

Paul Creed III

Setting it up as a normal Google account should work just fine. Ensure you use your full email address as the username.
Lt Col Paul Creed III, CAP
Group 3 Ohio Wing sUAS Program Manager

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

chuckmilam

If you're primarily using the Google E-mail system, the Gmail app for iOS is really your best bet.