Cadet class b ribbon wearing

Started by Arc light, May 11, 2017, 01:58:40 AM

Arc light

I had a quick question, my squadron will be marching in the Memorial Day parade this month and we are supposed to wear our class b uniform I was wondering if it was mandatory to wear our ribbons? I personally don't want to wear my ribbons, it's just something about wearing achievement ribbons and a community service one in public just seems silly, no disrespect, just my personal feeling while wearing my uniform in public. I just want to wear my GT badge, nameplate, and rank insignia. Thank you

Abby.L

No, ribbons are not required on the shirt, though I will add that you can short-stack ribbons(if you don't already).

And I hate to sound like every other old salty SM/experienced cadet, but 39-1 is actually pretty clear on ribbon requirements. So you could have looked there first.  ::)
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Arc light

Thank you, I read 39-1, but because it was a Memorial Day parade I wasn't sure if I was expected to wear them.

Jester

I think cadets aren't allowed to short stack.

Consult 39-1.

Regarding the Memorial Day event, if your commander dictates that the uniform of the day is short sleeve blues and ribbons, then there you go.

Eclipse

CAPM 39-1, Page 2.

"Chapter 11. Cadets are granted permission to reduce the number of ribbons worn by removing all but the
highest Cadet Program achievement or milestone ribbon."

The answer to the OP is, you wear whatever your Commander or the PIC dictates is the uniform of the day.

Considering it's a military-affiliated event, in public, I would hazard ribbons should be worn.

In regards to wearing them in general, you earned them, though service which is a cut above your peers not in CAP,
be proud of them.

"That Others May Zoom"

PHall

Well you're marching in a parade. So you do want to look like everybody else. So if everybody else is wearing ribbons, you probably should too.
Has your squadron commander specified what the Uniform of the Day is? If it's Class B with ribbons then that's what you wear.

Storm Chaser

This is a question you should ask your squadron commander or the officer in charge of this activity. As a norm, you're not usually required to wear your ribbons on the service uniform. In the Air Force, officers rarely wear ribbons on the Class B uniform; enlisted usually do, but are not required. Cadets usually wear ribbons, but it's up to the cadet, unless the squadron commander, deputy commander for cadets, activity director, etc. directs that ribbons be worn as part of the uniform of the day.

lordmonar

Quote from: Arc light on May 11, 2017, 02:11:46 AM
Thank you, I read 39-1, but because it was a Memorial Day parade I wasn't sure if I was expected to wear them.
Well....you should ask the event director what the uniform of the day is.

While 39-1 is clear on what is and is not allowed.     It is up to the event director to dictate the uniform.   And if the uniform is Class Bs with ribbons....then you got wear them.

And this is what happens when you respond before you read the whole thread!  :)
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP