Main Menu

Ultramarine

Started by Blackhawk, May 07, 2017, 09:06:41 PM

Blackhawk

So, now that Vanguard has gone full Dark Blue, where can one find Ultramarine Blue insignia now? Thank you.

SarDragon

What are you looking for? I have some used stuff. Why do you want the UM stuff? The dark blue looks so much better, on everything.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PHall

Quote from: SarDragon on May 07, 2017, 11:42:34 PM
What are you looking for? I have some used stuff. Why do you want the UM stuff? The dark blue looks so much better, on everything.

And it's authorized too!

Panzerbjorn

Major
Command Pilot
Ground Branch Director
Eagle Scout

Blackhawk

Thank you all. I'm looking for a master GT badge, I don't want to change everything out yet just for one badge. Unfortunately, 800nametape.com no longer offers CAP insignia.

BuckeyeDEJ

Has Vanguard fixed the ground team badge so it looks like the ground team badge and not like a.. like an... I dunno what, but the darn thing looked horrible. Not like the badge at all, like it used to look when it was embroidered.

CAP since 1984: Lt Col; former C/Lt Col; MO, MRO, MS, IO; former sq CC/CD/PA; group, wing, region PA, natl cmte mbr, nat'l staff member.
REAL LIFE: Working journalist in SPG, DTW (News), SRQ, PIT (Trib), 2D1, WVI, W22; editor, desk chief, designer, photog, columnist, reporter, graphics guy, visual editor, but not all at once. Now a communications manager for an international multisport venue.

Andrew K

I'm a returning member after a long hiatus. I was thinking about doing the corporate blue BDUs. Is the darker shade of blue authorized ?   If so does anyone has a link to the reg ?

Andrew

Anthony@CAP

Quote from: Andrew K on May 24, 2017, 10:12:19 PM
I'm a returning member after a long hiatus. I was thinking about doing the corporate blue BDUs. Is the darker shade of blue authorized ?   If so does anyone has a link to the reg ?

Andrew

Yes the same Dark Blue tapes that are allowed on the ABUs are authorized on BBDUs and BDUs. No reg update yet - it's authorized in a Memo from the National Commander:  https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/letter_D5FAEC5658C32.pdf

Andrew K

Thank you. I missed that the first time and it'll make it easier for me.

TX CAP Mom

Quote from: Anthony@CAP on May 24, 2017, 10:27:58 PM
Quote from: Andrew K on May 24, 2017, 10:12:19 PM

Andrew

Yes the same Dark Blue tapes that are allowed on the ABUs are authorized on BBDUs and BDUs. No reg update yet - it's authorized in a Memo from the National Commander:  https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/letter_D5FAEC5658C32.pdf

Good evening, my son just got home from his first meeting in his BDUs with tapes and wing patch attached. He was excited to have his uniform complete, only to be told his tapes were not the right color...they should be Ultramarine, and he has dark blue. Should I forward this document to his chain of command showing it's authorized (and the only color Vanguard sells so I thought I was buying the right thing?) OR since they called him out on it I need to source the right color that his commanders want to see?

We are so new to all this and I'm working hard to be informed. I appreciate your help!!

Ozzy

Quote from: TX CAP Mom on June 14, 2017, 03:34:19 AM]
Good evening, my son just got home from his first meeting in his BDUs with tapes and wing patch attached. He was excited to have his uniform complete, only to be told his tapes were not the right color...they should be Ultramarine, and he has dark blue. Should I forward this document to his chain of command showing it's authorized (and the only color Vanguard sells so I thought I was buying the right thing?) OR since they called him out on it I need to source the right color that his commanders want to see?

We are so new to all this and I'm working hard to be informed. I appreciate your help!!

Forward the document, they could be out of the loop. BDUs are now authorized with the Navy blue tapes as long as all of the tapes are matching color.
Ozyilmaz, MSgt, CAP
C/Lt. Colonel (Ret.)
NYWG Encampment 07, 08, 09, 10, 17
CTWG Encampment 09, 11, 16
NER Cadet Leadership School 10
GAWG Encampment 18, 19
FLWG Winter Encampment 19

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Tapes, Badges and Grade Insignia (cadet officers) all have to be the same blue. 

hamburgee

Quote from: BuckeyeDEJ on May 13, 2017, 09:13:24 PM
Has Vanguard fixed the ground team badge so it looks like the ground team badge and not like a.. like an... I dunno what, but the darn thing looked horrible. Not like the badge at all, like it used to look when it was embroidered.
Mine seems to be fine. I never got a chance to sew mine on when I had UM so I don't know how it is compared (I lost my UM one so I can't compare them either), but it seems to look decent. I'll upload a picture later.

hamburgee

Panther

USAFA '20