Congrats to HIWG! Their 10 year nightmare is over!

Started by Eclipse, February 08, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

Luis R. Ramos

Well, it follows.

1. The Portuguese develop the Malasadas.
2. The Portuguese travel to Hawaii.
3. The Portuguese work, play, and eat.
4. The Portuguese let everyone else on a state secret: the Malasadas!
5. The Malasadas fight a civil war, since they are donuts anyways, with Krispy Kreme and Donkin Donuts.
6. The Malasadas win the Civil War!

8)

Squadron Safety Officer
Squadron Communication Officer
Squadron Emergency Services Officer

SarDragon

Just so you know, y'all, individually, and collectively, can have my entire worldwide share of KK products, in perpetuity. Divide them up as appropriate.  8)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Mitchell 1969

Quote from: SarDragon on February 09, 2017, 06:20:06 AM

The local donut shops pretty much have the market cornered.

As they should. No matter what part of the country. Regional preferences are important. The Applebeeization and McDonaldsizing of America takes away from the novelty of regional specialties.

Mitchell 1969; Earhart 1971; Eaker 1973. Cadet Flying Encampment, License, 1970. IACE New Zealand 1971; IACE Korea 1973.

CAP has been bery, bery good to me.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on February 10, 2017, 06:31:02 AM

As they should. No matter what part of the country. Regional preferences are important. The Applebeeization and McDonaldsizing of America takes away from the novelty of regional specialties.

Although SuckDonald's in Hay-waii and Goo-am (misspelling intentional ;) ) does offer regional specialties not available anywhere else: their Local Deluxe breakfast (steamed rice, scrambled eggs, Portuguese sausage and Spam), Spam Egg McMuffin and McSaimin (doesn't come close to real saimin), along with the occasional taro and coconut pies. Booger Kink has a similar local kine menu. (Not on Kwaj - the Booger Kink there does nt do breakfast.)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Spam

Spam? Whyaaaat?  someone called me?

I'm currently in Europe for some DoD rotary wing DVE testing (fog, snow, and ice degraded visual environment), and they are serving the engineers and pilots these wonderful German doughnuts called "Krapfen", filled with like 9 kinds of fruit filling. YUM. Apparently they're a traditional part of the annual Fasching lent festival (Karneval - this week until next Tuesday, which is fat Tuesday).  If we eat any more, we'll have to redo all our weight and balance calcs.

Punch "faschingskrapfen" into google, and look at the images. Wow.

Hagebuttenkrapfen
Zwetschgenkrapfen
Eierlikörkrapfen
Schokoladen-Nougatkrapfen
Himbeerkrapfen
Cappuccinokrapfen
Champagnerkrapfen
The list goes on...

Very Respectfully,
Spam

(urp!)

Luis R. Ramos

You may like them, but to me a donut is that sugared confection with a hole in the middle. Anything filled with jelly or other stuff, is not a donut.

And you are making me hungrier, dear sir! I had no breakfast or lunch and it is 12:38 EST.

:P
Squadron Safety Officer

PHall

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on February 22, 2017, 04:58:45 PM
Quote from: Mitchell 1969 on February 10, 2017, 06:31:02 AM

Although SuckDonald's in Hay-waii and Goo-am (misspelling intentional ;) ) does offer regional specialties not available anywhere else: their Local Deluxe breakfast (steamed rice, scrambled eggs, Portuguese sausage and Spam), Spam Egg McMuffin and McSaimin (doesn't come close to real saimin), along with the occasional taro and coconut pies. Booger Kink has a similar local kine menu. (Not on Kwaj - the Booger Kink there does nt do breakfast.)

McDonalds in Australia serves Vegimite!   

For those who don't know what vegimite is, google it.

AlphaSigOU

Anywhere you find a sizable Polish-American community, there's always paczki (punch-ski), which are essentially jelly donuts served until Mardi Gras.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Spam

Quote from: Luis R. Ramos on February 22, 2017, 05:29:44 PM
You may like them, but to me a donut is that sugared confection with a hole in the middle. Anything filled with jelly or other stuff, is not a donut.

And you are making me hungrier, dear sir! I had no breakfast or lunch and it is 12:38 EST.

:P

Its dark here - after seven thirty at night - and I'm going to miss my Squadrons PT night tonight, which I could use very much right now thanks to all the German doughnuts at the beginning of the day and the German beers at the end of the day. I think I'd have trouble making the FIRST mile tonight (GA045 typically runs a three mile PT).

Auf Wiedersehen, Kameraden!
Spam

NIN

Quote from: PHall on February 22, 2017, 05:35:05 PM

Which is @#$% disgusting.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on February 22, 2017, 05:47:35 PM
Anywhere you find a sizable Polish-American community, there's always paczki (punch-ski), which are essentially jelly donuts served until Mardi Gras.

Having grown up in Detroit, pączki was always a peripheral thing to the non-Polish kid (like pierogi, or gołąbki)

Then I became an adult, and realized "Whoa, this ain't no ordinary bismark!"

I miss me some pączki.  Really
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

NIN

Quote from: Spam on February 22, 2017, 06:42:07 PM
Its dark here - after seven thirty at night - and I'm going to miss my Squadrons PT night tonight, which I could use very much right now thanks to all the German doughnuts at the beginning of the day and the German beers at the end of the day. I think I'd have trouble making the FIRST mile tonight (GA045 typically runs a three mile PT).

That DD Form 365-F ain't fillin' itself out, there, big guy.  Step on the scale.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

jeders

Quote from: NIN on February 22, 2017, 09:57:27 PM
Quote from: PHall on February 22, 2017, 05:35:05 PM

Which is @#$% disgusting.

And yet everyone in that upside down country loves the stuff. Yuck!
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Luis R. Ramos

Maybe because it is an

...upside down country...

Also they have one of the most poisonous snakes in the world, and some criters also considered among the most poisonous in the world...

;D
Squadron Safety Officer

CAPLTC

"Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they're so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact." -- SECDEF Mattis

Spam

Quote from: NIN on February 22, 2017, 10:01:45 PM
Quote from: Spam on February 22, 2017, 06:42:07 PM

That DD Form 365-F ain't fillin' itself out, there, big guy.  Step on the scale.

Ha HA!  So, I'm back CONUS, and apparently lost 12 pounds while TDY. Take that, science! Hard work, beer and doughnuts triumph again. Well, probably the hard work, and the hotel workout rooms.

(If you count Air France losing my luggage, I lost 62 lbs).

Cheers
Spam