VFW/AFSA/AFA Awards

Started by Jester, January 24, 2017, 12:23:04 AM

SARDOC

When printing the certificate, I scanned the original Blank one and made a few copies for trial and error purposes before printing on the original.  Check the text as the superimpose on the copy...when you're happy with the placement, print on the original.

SARDOC

There are also two Local VFW posts close to my squadron, we get a Cadet Officer and NCO of the year award from each post.  4 cadets get recognized instead of 2.

kwe1009

Quote from: SARDOC on February 03, 2017, 02:37:01 AM
There are also two Local VFW posts close to my squadron, we get a Cadet Officer and NCO of the year award from each post.  4 cadets get recognized instead of 2.

I don't think that goes with the spirit of the reg.  While there is nothing printed that specifically says only one winner per category, this award is from VFW HQ, not the local VFW posts per 39-3.  I would imagine if you sent in 2 CAFP120s for each category VFW HQ would ask which one is the actual winner.

SARDOC

Quote from: kwe1009 on February 03, 2017, 02:35:08 PM
Quote from: SARDOC on February 03, 2017, 02:37:01 AM

I don't think that goes with the spirit of the reg.  While there is nothing printed that specifically says only one winner per category, this award is from VFW HQ, not the local VFW posts per 39-3.  I would imagine if you sent in 2 CAFP120s for each category VFW HQ would ask which one is the actual winner.

My Squadron wasn't the most proactive in this.  In the case of one of our posts they reached out to us after having it already done by another post.  Not knowing there was a limit.  I understand the intent is for one.  The certificate came signed by the Post Commander's and Post Adjutant for their respective posts.  Coming from the posts and presented by the post, I thought it was issued at the post level.

In reading the VFW literature on it, it's very similar to the wording of our regs, but theirs does limit for one from each squadron.  Mea Culpa.