Where may one get the GTM-3 and GTM-2 patches online?

Started by Yochanan, January 20, 2017, 06:53:36 PM

Yochanan

Jester

Basic ground team badge is what GTM 3 and 2 wear. Senior ground team badge is GTM 1 and GTL.

Search for those terms on vanguard. They're there.

Eclipse

Quote from: Jester on January 20, 2017, 06:56:51 PM
Basic ground team badge is what GTM 3, 2 and 1 wear. Senior ground team badge is GTM 1 and for GTL, master is worn by GBD.

Search for those terms on vanguard. See CAPR 35-6 page 3

FTFY. There is no GTM 2 or 1 insignia.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R035_006_70213217D50CA.pdf

http://www.vanguardmil.com/collections/specialty-cloth-insignia

Basic - GTM 3/2/1

Senior - GTL

Master - GBD

Edit of edit: I think I fixed it. !@#$%

"That Others May Zoom"

Jester

From 35-6, dated 23 January 2015:

b. Senior Ground Team Badge:(1) Be qualified as a CAP ground team leader IAW CAPR 60-3 or(2) Be qualified as a CAP ground team member – level one

Eclipse

My apologies for saying you were wrong.

Why on earth is stuff so simple a constant moving target, and why further, on earth did this change?

Now we can't even tell who's been a GTL by their badge anymore?

Also, seriously, the first time I hit that doc their were no update highlights on that page - don't know if it was the old one or
a Chrome cache issue.

This is akin to that receipt little treasure we found that bars members without aircrew ratings, including trainees & cadets, from
wearing flightsuits without explicit wing CC approval. Again, we get overnight emergency ICLs about email signatures,
but major changes to the way members wear a uniform or insignia have to be hunted by the membership with a magnifying glass?

"That Others May Zoom"

Jester

The way it was explained to me was it was a way for cadets to earn the senior badge.

I'm not against it if it keeps cadets pushing to keep training instead of stagnating at GTM 3.

Eclipse

Quote from: Jester on January 20, 2017, 08:22:20 PM
The way it was explained to me was it was a way for cadets to earn the senior badge.

I don't doubt that for a minute.

The whole GTM rating has been effectively broken since they did that retention ploy of breaking it into
3 parts originally.

Other then myself, I have yet to see a GBD take into considered whether a team, or GTL, is rated for
a given mission based on their qual level, and when I bring it up I get crickets as if that was the first time
the issue was considered.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Quote from: Eclipse on January 20, 2017, 08:28:53 PM
Quote from: Jester on January 20, 2017, 08:22:20 PM

I don't doubt that for a minute.

The whole GTM rating has been effectively broken since they did that retention ploy of breaking it into
3 parts originally.

Other then myself, I have yet to see a GBD take into considered whether a team, or GTL, is rated for
a given mission based on their qual level, and when I bring it up I get crickets as if that was the first time
the issue was considered.

[raises hand slowly]

Me. I'm with you. But it has to be based on the actual current ops quals ratings, not the patches and decorations (which I think is exactly what you've stated). I've had people grin and flash the cloth as if that meant much, and they go right to the back of my line for consideration.

On the cadets issue, I just had a GTM3/2/1, SET qualified all, Sr. GT badged Cadet Captain turn 18 and gain commanders approval to train for GTL. He was pleasantly surprised at the number of GTL initial qual modules he was already current in via his GTM2/1 quals, but stated that he was likely to need to re-demonstrate some of them in the context of being a team lead (which I thought was a pretty mature attitude).

V/r
Spam