Main Menu

Level 3

Started by Devil Doc, November 21, 2016, 02:10:23 PM

Devil Doc

Back in I think 2014? They changed the Promotion Criteria and the Professional Development Criteria.... IE I am A Captain but only Level 2. I was wondering, Since I fell under the Old Level 3 Criteria... Can I get Level 3 without going to 2 Conferences, CLC, and become Senior Rated? What was the old criteria?
Captain Brandon P. Smith CAP
Former HM3, U.S NAVY
Too many Awards, Achievments and Qualifications to list.

kwe1009

The criteria for getting any of the PD levels did not change as far as I can tell.  What changed was the promotion criteria.  Now you have to get Level III in order to get a duty performance promotion to Captain for instance.

jeders

Quote from: Devil Doc on November 21, 2016, 02:10:23 PM
Back in I think 2014? They changed the Promotion Criteria and the Professional Development Criteria.... IE I am A Captain but only Level 2. I was wondering, Since I fell under the Old Level 3 Criteria... Can I get Level 3 without going to 2 Conferences, CLC, and become Senior Rated? What was the old criteria?

The requirements for the PD levels didn't change (i.e. level 3 previously required 2 conferences and still does). What changed was the PD requirement for promotions. So, because you promoted to Captain under the old system (level 2), you have a shortening window to promote to Major under the old system (level 3). Otherwise you promote to Major under the new system (level 4).
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

Devil Doc

Thank You Jeders.. I was confused on the whole new Promotion and/or PD Criteria. So Basically, I can promote to Major, Without Level 4? I am currently working on Level 3 now. I highly doubt I will ever do Level 4. I am only doing level 3 because peers are now catching up to me, and I want to show that I am trying to be equal.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Eclipse

Correct. You have until August.

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

Wait.. Until August? If I don't get Level 3 by then  I have to wait until Level 4? No way..
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Eclipse

Quote from: Devil Doc on November 21, 2016, 03:02:54 PM
Wait.. Until August? If I don't get Level 3 by then  I have to wait until Level 4? No way..

Correct.  And you'll need Level 5, regardless, for Lt Col.

The grace period for the previous promotion requirements was / is  11 Aug 2014 - 11 Aug 2018.

Seniors members with their last promotion date prior to 11 Aug 2014 are eligible for 1 promotion based on the old
criteria, at which time they have to catch up their PD and TIG to the new requirements for all subsequent promotions.

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

I was Promoted Aug 2015, So I have until Aug 2017? or Aug 2018?
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Eclipse

Quote from: Devil Doc on November 21, 2016, 03:27:31 PM
I was Promoted Aug 2015, So I have until Aug 2017? or Aug 2018?

If your last promotion was August 2015, then you already received your 1-up and are under the new requirements -
4 years TIG as Captain plus Level 4 for major.

You won't be eligible for Major TIG-wise until Aug 2019.

https://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R035_005_489E25C089E93.pdf

"NOTE: Members applying for duty performance promotions during the period 11 August 2014
to 11 August 2018 may use the previous duty performance promotion requirements for their
next promotion. The member's present date of grade must be prior to 11 August 2014 in order
to be eligible for this grandfather clause. This clause may only be used once for the member's
next promotion."

Note: Odd - I posted this in another thread recently and can't find it.

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

Looks Like I am going to be a Captain for a Long Long Long Time.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

Eclipse

There are going to be a lot less Majors and Lt Cols in the next 5-10 years, Lt Cols, especially.

"That Others May Zoom"

Devil Doc

I was debating on actually getting stuff embroidered or made with my Rank on it... Now since it will be at least 2020 since I will get Major, I will go ahead and get it. I don't think I will be Level 4 though... I don't have time to do a week for the Regional Staff College, nor the time occupy a Staff or Command Position. I was hoping to Make Major before 2020, oh well. Terminal Captain here I come.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

kwe1009

Quote from: Devil Doc on November 21, 2016, 04:20:01 PM
I was debating on actually getting stuff embroidered or made with my Rank on it... Now since it will be at least 2020 since I will get Major, I will go ahead and get it. I don't think I will be Level 4 though... I don't have time to do a week for the Regional Staff College, nor the time occupy a Staff or Command Position. I was hoping to Make Major before 2020, oh well. Terminal Captain here I come.

Do you have a Bachelors degree from an accredited college?  If you then you can take the Air Force Squadron Officer School (SOS) online instead of going to Region Staff College.  According to eServices you have already completed the staff position requirement so you just need CLC, a senior rating in any specialty track and attend 2 conferences after you do SOS. 

DJ Light Chop

And CLC you can do online via national when they do one (I had to explain I worked on weekends and couldn't go to a regular SLS to get approved )

JC004

We want you in the League of Disgruntled Majors!  Make it so!   >:D

Devil Doc

Quote from: kwe1009 on November 21, 2016, 04:50:42 PM

Do you have a Bachelors degree from an accredited college?  If you then you can take the Air Force Squadron Officer School (SOS) online instead of going to Region Staff College.  According to eServices you have already completed the staff position requirement so you just need CLC, a senior rating in any specialty track and attend 2 conferences after you do SOS.

I should graduate from Liberty University  with a Bachelors by the year 2019. I should have my Senior rating already, just need 2 more task done. Ok, so I guess Major is a few years out. I know that Lt.Col is out of the question.
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

kwe1009

Quote from: Devil Doc on November 22, 2016, 05:52:20 PM
Quote from: kwe1009 on November 21, 2016, 04:50:42 PM

I should graduate from Liberty University  with a Bachelors by the year 2019. I should have my Senior rating already, just need 2 more task done. Ok, so I guess Major is a few years out. I know that Lt.Col is out of the question.

Good luck on getting the degree.  I graduated from Liberty a few years ago. 

Devil Doc

Thank you... I take One Class every 8 weeks... according to my calculations it will be Spring 2019, when I finish
Former HM3, U.S NAVY

SARDOC

Quote from: Devil Doc on November 28, 2016, 06:07:42 PM
Thank you... I take One Class every 8 weeks... according to my calculations it will be Spring 2019, when I finish

Once you have your degree you can take the Air University Classes, Squadron Officer School and Air Command and Staff college and you'll meet all of the educational requirements for Level 5 thus making Lieutenant Colonel still an option for you.  It's all in good time.

N6RVT

Quote from: Devil Doc on November 21, 2016, 03:38:06 PM
Looks Like I am going to be a Captain for a Long Long Long Time.
My date of rank is 15 May 1986.