Freedom Team Salute Commendation

Started by mikeylikey, April 16, 2007, 08:34:07 PM

mikeylikey

This is a cool Army program to recognize army veterans and others who have served and supported those serving.

Here is the CAP Page on the subject: http://www.cap.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=display&nodeID=6192&newsID=2959&year=2007&month=4

Here is the Army Page on the subject: http://www.freedomteamsalute.com/FTSPublic/index.htm

You can nominate yourself, a friend, family members and from what I understand those that served in CAP during WWII
What's up monkeys?

NIN

"Office of the Assistance Secreatry of the Army for Manpower and Reserve Affairs"

Emphasis mine. Gosh!

At least the word "the" was spelled correctly both times it was used, as was the word "of."

I weep for the future.

(BTW, I met the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Manpower & Reserve Affairs at AUSA in October. Very interesting conversation I had with him about community-based cadet programs and the Army..)

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Rangersigo

Beware - I am sure this is a conspiracy to find former Veterans to "recruit" them back in the military.   ;)

mikeylikey

Quote from: Rangersigo on April 17, 2007, 06:58:21 PM
Beware - I am sure this is a conspiracy to find former Veterans to "recruit" them back in the military.   ;)

So it would be "heres your certificate, and oh by the way the plane leaves for Iraq in 1 hour".
What's up monkeys?

RogueLeader

Quote from: mikeylikey on April 17, 2007, 07:53:31 PM

So it would be "heres your certificate, and oh by the way the plane leaves for Iraq in 1 hour".
lol, rotf
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

davedove

Oh, believe me, if the military wants to find you, they know where you are.  They don't need anything like this.

That being said, if the military wants me back now, they are in serious trouble, as in the enemy is storming the shores and everybody is being armed.
David W. Dove, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Seniors
Personnel/PD/Asst. Testing Officer
Ground Team Leader
Frederick Composite Squadron
MER-MD-003

JC004

Quote from: davedove on April 23, 2007, 01:21:54 PM

Oh, believe me, if the military wants to find you, they know where you are.  They don't need anything like this.

That being said, if the military wants me back now, they are in serious trouble, as in the enemy is storming the shores and everybody is being armed.

The government's awesome ability to find people (and with efficiency!) is frightening.  Lots of it has to do with SSN, so when you go into hiding (say after you vote to approve lots of new uniform items and then I become national commander), don't use it.  Just a helpful note.   >:D

I'm already armed.  You should be too.  Start with a .50 BMG.

fyrfitrmedic

There are times when a ballistic weapon isn't the best choice.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

JC004

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on April 23, 2007, 06:39:11 PM

Lies.   :P   >:D

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: JC004 on April 23, 2007, 06:47:40 PM

Naah - I can think of a time or two when bringing a gun to a knife fight is as bad as bringing a knife to a gunfight  ;D
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

JC004

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on April 23, 2007, 11:21:59 PM
Quote from: JC004 on April 23, 2007, 06:47:40 PM

Naah - I can think of a time or two when bringing a gun to a knife fight is as bad as bringing a knife to a gunfight  ;D

That S&W goes on my pocket.  JIC I run out of ammo.  Or in case the law requires lessor force...  :angel:

CadetProgramGuy

When I was a Civilian Army Contractor , I did My own Freedon salute.  Nice Certificate, no phone calls to send me anywhere though.