Main Menu

For the IT folks

Started by pixelwonk, April 06, 2007, 11:22:38 PM

pixelwonk

Anyone else get this email or similar?
It was addressed to me as Major Agnello, and it came from a Desmarais, so I was wondering if this was a CAP-related-yet-not-related thing.
QuoteDear Major Agnello,

We are conducting a research study for a major provider of web hosting and online applications among small organizations and individuals who have recently acquired online applications like spreadsheets, calendars, collaborations and/or built web sites.

We would like to discuss the following areas with you:
•Which online applications are you currently using
•How you make decisions regarding web related applications and services
•Your company's longer term plans for web related applications and services. 

In appreciation for your time This is strictly a research study, and we will mail you a $50.00 check, if you qualify and complete this survey which should take between 10 and 20 minutes of your time.

This is not a sales call and you will not be contacted for any sales purposes as a result of this call.

Thank you for your consideration and we look forward to hearing and speaking with you.
Regards,
Jean

Jean Desmarais

JC004

That's...different.  I didn't get one myself.  Could be coincidence?  Related-but-not-related would be an improper use of member data, particularly eServices, eh?

Psicorp

Quote from: JC004 on April 07, 2007, 12:22:34 AM
That's...different.  I didn't get one myself.  Could be coincidence?  Related-but-not-related would be an improper use of member data, particularly eServices, eh?

I would certainly hope so.  I'd hate to think that NHQ is trying to make a buck by selling member data, I don't think that and I don't want to think that, so they better not.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

JC004

Quote from: Psicorp on April 07, 2007, 01:22:16 AM
Quote from: JC004 on April 07, 2007, 12:22:34 AM

I would certainly hope so.  I'd hate to think that NHQ is trying to make a buck by selling member data, I don't think that and I don't want to think that, so they better not.

But in eServices, there's always:

If you do NOT wish to have your personal contact information released to CAP authorized third
parties, please check the box below.
__ Make My Information Private

bosshawk

I would suggest that, if it didn't have a Hqs CAP return address, that it is not official and should be ignored.  There is a Desmaris on the National Staff, but I seem to recall that his name is John.

Would seem to me that to ignore is better than getting sucked into something that you might regret.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

JC004

Quote from: bosshawk on April 07, 2007, 01:29:49 AM
I would suggest that, if it didn't have a Hqs CAP return address, that it is not official and should be ignored.  There is a Desmaris on the National Staff, but I seem to recall that his name is John.

Would seem to me that to ignore is better than getting sucked into something that you might regret.

Yes, that is John.

But, Col Jean Desmarias is NER ES dude:

http://ner.cap.gov/es/es.php