Hey, check out TRAVOLTA's PAD? What does your CAP Wing HQ look like? SQUADRON?

Started by Major Carrales, April 02, 2007, 05:32:56 AM

Major Carrales

Imagine that...

http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_nov2004/Travolta_House.htm

Well, is that CAP NHQ?  You can tell by the way he uses his walk, he's a ladies man...gotta get on a plane.
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

floridacyclist

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

NIN

Google Earth KMZ inside the zip file attached has a photo from the southern end of the runway. Depicts the concrete & earthen jet blast deflectors pretty well.

29°16'41.93"N  82° 7'0.08"W for those of you using the old skool technology..

His neighbors must love those early morning launches.  That 707 doesn't have hush kits. :)

Look at the runway length, too. Threshold-to-threshold its about 3700 ft.  Assuming you would run out your landing, you have about 5400 ft of usable space.  That's not much for a plane like a 707.  Sure, he goes in and out nearly empty, I imagine, but still..

A fairly empty 707 must positively LEAP off the ground.
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

AlphaSigOU

Quote from: NIN on April 02, 2007, 12:07:47 PM
Google Earth KMZ inside the zip file attached has a photo from the southern end of the runway. Depicts the concrete & earthen jet blast deflectors pretty well.

29°16'41.93"N  82° 7'0.08"W for those of you using the old skool technology..

His neighbors must love those early morning launches.  That 707 doesn't have hush kits. :)

Look at the runway length, too. Threshold-to-threshold its about 3700 ft.  Assuming you would run out your landing, you have about 5400 ft of usable space.  That's not much for a plane like a 707.  Sure, he goes in and out nearly empty, I imagine, but still..

A fairly empty 707 must positively LEAP off the ground.

It's one of the rare 707-138 models, built for QANTAS for their long, thin routes. Predecessor to the 747SP in performance.

And it does have hushkits. The turbine cowl is longer than the original, but almost indistinguishable. Plus lots of extra insulation...
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

NIN

Quote from: AlphaSigOU on April 02, 2007, 12:12:55 PM
And it does have hushkits. The turbine cowl is longer than the original, but almost indistinguishable. Plus lots of extra insulation...

Veddy interestink...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

BillB

Last time I looked that runway was about 10,000 ft. The runway was built for the man that owned Nautlus exercise equipment 20 or so years ago.  If you look at the Google earth view, you'll see a DC-3 and a grass runway on the west side of the long runway.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

flyguy06

The planes are parked inward to the carport.

How does he get them out?

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

SJFedor

Besides, last I checked, he can only fly the 707 as SIC.

From the FAA:

JOHN JOSEPH TRAVOLTA
Address

Street     15821 VENTURA BLVD STE 460
City         ENCINO State CA
County    LOS ANGELES Zip Code 91436-4778
Country   USA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Medical

Medical Class: First Medical Date: 9/2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Certificates

1 of   1

DOI: 12/12/2005
Certificate: PRIVATE PILOT

Rating(s): 
PRIVATE PILOT
          AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
          AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
          INSTRUMENT AIRPLANE

Type Ratings

P/B-707  P/B-720  P/CE-500  P/G-1159  P/HS-125 
P/LR-JET 

Limits

B-707 SIC PRIVILEGES ONLY.
CE-500 (VFR ONLY).

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

NIN

Quote from: BillB on April 02, 2007, 01:20:06 PM
Last time I looked that runway was about 10,000 ft. The runway was built for the man that owned Nautlus exercise equipment 20 or so years ago.  If you look at the Google earth view, you'll see a DC-3 and a grass runway on the west side of the long runway.

Use the ruler in GE. Its about 7500 ft total length with massive displaced thresholds.  Betwen the threshold lines is about 3700.   Airnav and the other airport info sites have the runway length listed around 7500 or 7700 ft.  Its a WIDE sucker too, 180+ ft.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP

Eclipse

Can he fly international right from his home?  If not, how does he clear customs, etc?

"That Others May Zoom"

JohnKachenmeister

I think he could fly from his house to an international destination, but coming home would have to land at a designated airport of entry.

Or, he could hire his own personal customs agent.
Another former CAP officer

SJFedor

I'm sure on days he feels like flying, the place looks similar to a cutout of a gate at a Southwest hub or something.

Heck, if the pay was decent, I'd come out and stand on the back of a tug and wave my orange batons.

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

sardak

Quote from: NIN on April 02, 2007, 02:51:22 PM
Quote from: BillB on April 02, 2007, 01:20:06 PM

Use the ruler in GE. Its about 7500 ft total length with massive displaced thresholds.  Betwen the threshold lines is about 3700.   Airnav and the other airport info sites have the runway length listed around 7500 or 7700 ft.  Its a WIDE sucker too, 180+ ft.

FAA 5010 airport data shows runway 18/36 is asphalt, 7550 x 210, threshholds displaced 1800 and 1945 feet.  Runway 9/27 is turf, 3640 x 100.  Although the FAA database is current, the information for this airport has not been updated in some time.

The Jumbolair website with a nice view down the runway is here: http://www.jumbolair.com/Aviation%20Estates.htm

Homesites are still available, and every month there is a fly-in brunch.  The next one is May 6.

Mike

mikeylikey1

This guy is such a hypocrite!  HE uses so much fuel, and scorns the ordinary American household for not turning off their lights when they leave home.  He makes me sick!  I hope his neighbors kick him out of this place too!  boycott his movies!!!

Major Carrales

Quote from: mikeylikey1 on April 02, 2007, 06:01:55 PM
This guy is such a hypocrite!  HE uses so much fuel, and scorns the ordinary American household for not turning off their lights when they leave home.  He makes me sick!  I hope his neighbors kick him out of this place too!  boycott his movies!!!
These days lots of folks, including Al Gore, make a great noise about how we are destroying the environment.  They clamour for funding and want to change our lives...but, when it comes time for the rethoric to become action...

Well...

'Nuff said!!!

Commander
SWR-TX-454

RogueLeader

Quote from: Major Carrales on April 02, 2007, 06:06:18 PM
These days lots of folks, including Al Gore, make a great noise about how we are destroying the environment.  They clamour for funding and want to change our lives...but, when it comes time for the rethoric to become action...

Well...

'Nuff said!!!
Don't get me started on Al Gore.  Thats a can of worms in itself.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Major Carrales

Quote from: RogueLeader on April 02, 2007, 07:40:13 PM
Quote from: Major Carrales on April 02, 2007, 06:06:18 PM

Well...

'Nuff said!!!
Don't get me started on Al Gore.  Thats a can of worms in itself.

Well, to avaoid this from being locked let's return to the issue.

So, how much would such a place cost if it were a CAP WING/GROUP HQ?

Commander
SWR-TX-454

Psicorp

Don't forget, he's a Scientologist...technically he doesn't own anything, it all belongs to the Church.
Jamie Kahler, Capt., CAP
(C/Lt Col, ret.)
CC
GLR-MI-257

RogueLeader

Quote from: Psicorp on April 02, 2007, 10:32:24 PM

Don't forget, he's a Scientologist...technically he doesn't own anything, it all belongs to the Church.
Emphisis mine

So he believes in slavery ??? if it ALL belongs to the church, does that mean all people too?
WYWG DP

GRW 3340