http://flwg.us/html/pd2.html

Started by RayHayden, April 01, 2007, 05:48:43 PM

RayHayden

To those who know me and what I did in Professional Development, this website on the Florida Wing HQ Site, is specifically the type of nonsense that I worked so hard to eliminate from Professional Development...

http://flwg.us/html/pd2.html

If you read through the requirements of trying to get a course hosted, or sponsored on this webpage, who, in their right mind, would want to have to jump through all those hoops?

CAP, and Professional Development specifically, should be set up to run in the most effective, efficient and, oh help me for saying it, enjoyable fashion to accomplish the maximum benefit for the most members possible.

Call me sappy, but other than the incident that all have no doubt heard about, my number one goal was to rid the membership of ALL extra hoops to jump through and paperless as possible - even as email less as possible.

My primary requirements for anyone who showed the initiative for hosting a class was a very simple three:

1) You have to want to do it. Your taking on a large responsibility, if you DON'T really want to, then don't.

2) You can't quit. If you decided to host or be the  Project Officer or Director of a program, it effects a lot of folks in most cases, they are depending on you to actually follow through with the program, sometimes people change vacation and other personal plans to attend the course your hosting, so we can NEVER let them down once we decide to host a course.

3) If you MUST quit, step up and help us find a replacement for you. Things happen, this is a volunteer position - but seeing number 2 above, you see that it is important to carry on. Someone will almost always be willing to pick up the flag and continue the charge, and the person starting the process to host a program likely knows someone to carry on for them if they have to bail.

That said, I have had only had one person HAVE to bail out, and it was important that they could cover their personal situation, but they helped us get the replacement - and all went wonderfully!

This is not a training issue, but a general lobby issue because it relates not to the training, but the process that "upper management" drops down on the lower levels. More often than not, these "requirements" make no sense, or make things more difficult than they need to be.

Is my beef personal, yeah, it is, but I am man enough to admit it. Why is it so darn personal? Simply because of what I was able to accomplish that had nothing to do with the irregularity that went on...

CAP gave me a LOT of good things, first, I discovered that I am actually a very good instructor in front of a classroom of folks, and this from a guy who failed Public Speaking in High School! Second, I used CAP regulations to help me base a series of personal, achievable goals and then morphed those types of goals into my personal business operations - it worked wonderfully for me too.

My beef has nothing to do with anyone lower than Corporate Officer and above (OK, there are a few who had never been Corporate Officers that I question their motivations and practices, but few).

CAP SHOULD be all that it can be; and the local Units are where the rubber meets the road. Anyone and EVERYONE ABOVE the unit level - to me - has ONLY ONE important mission, to serve the goals of the Organization through the needs of the Units to accomplish the missions - all of them - for the Corporation.

By supporting the Units - and Only by supporting the Units, can this truly be done... once anyone gets any ideas that it is anything more than that in their head, the bottom line success of CAP is compromised, anyone that doubts that should ask themselves a very important question...

What has my Wing done for the Units to assist them in accomplishing the missions? The answer - the HONEST answer to that question will shed serious light into the "Leadership" of CAP.

You can blindly follow, that makes you a blind follower, nothing more. Or, you can be a leader.

I never wanted any followers, I just wanted to assist others to be leaders.

Think freely for yourself, never, ever follow blindly, and become the leader of tomorrow, or help someone else do so.

Best wishes for much success, always!

Ray Hayden, LtCol, CAP

flipper

These are the type of extra procedures I mentioned on the other question... funny... I guess it is at least easy to find these, you just click the hypertext and you get it...

sometimes, it is hard to find the extra sheet of steps though... like you have to hunt for it or something.

flipper

Quote from: flipper on April 14, 2007, 03:02:07 AM
Quote from: RayHayden on April 01, 2007, 05:48:43 PM
Ray Hayden, LtCol, CAP

http://360.yahoo.com/rayhayden_33321

Same Ray Hayden???

He is... looks like he is taking instruction and seems not as angry too... he made a new website (or at least started to):

http://vdo1.us/capinsights

Flipper

shorning

And how do we know you're not Mr. Hayden posting responses to your own posts?  And highlighting the other "work" you've done?

More importantly, why do we care?  It's not worth the bandwidth or the time spent typing.

whatevah

flipper is, in fact, Ray using proxy servers in an attempt to mask his internet connection.  "flipper" has been added to the ban list.
Jerry Horn
CAPTalk Co-Admin