FLWG Encampment information

Started by LegoXman7, June 10, 2014, 02:46:40 PM

LegoXman7

Hello there,
I was wondering how long it should take approximately from joining CAP to getting to the encampment. I do not know if it is supposed to be something that you do soon after joining, or you work your way up to it after several years. This is my third week attending CAP meetings. Any assistance would be great!
Thanks,
Jay
C/MSgt JAY NULPH, Jr, CAP
Fl-116 Cadet First Sergeant

Garibaldi

First of all, welcome to CAP!

To answer your question, I would recommend you wait at least til you've been in CAP for 6 months before you go to encampment. By that time, you will have completed at least your third achievement. That may not be possible due to the time constraints of the summer encampment time frame, but you're in luck! Florida has a winter encampment that has the same curriculum as a summer encampment, and it's not as hot.

The reason you want to wait is to gain experience in your home unit as well as CAP as a whole. You only NEED one encampment, but cadets usually go to more than one. I have been to 7 myself, but you only need 1 to get your Mitchell award.
Still a major after all these years.
ES dude, leadership ossifer, publik affaires
Opinionated and wrong 99% of the time about all things

LegoXman7

Thanks! I shall aim for the Winter one then!
C/MSgt JAY NULPH, Jr, CAP
Fl-116 Cadet First Sergeant

MSG Mac

II agree with Garabaldi about having some CAP experience before attending an Encampment, by regulation, you only need to have completed the Curry achievement.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member