CAPFlight Pro for iPad

Started by bigfootpilot, October 23, 2013, 07:08:20 PM

bigfootpilot

CAPFlight Pro is now available in the Apple AppStore for iPad.  It builds on CAP Preflight, including the same Operational Risk Management and Weight & Balance Worksheets and adds the following features:

CAP Form 71 - CAP Aircraft Inspection Checklist - Provide Date/Tach information and any discrepancies and let the app complete the form for you.

Fuel Receipt Capture - Take a photo or select a photo of your fuel receipt and let the app add essential mission information and convert it to PDF. No more scanning receipts and wondering what mission they're for.

Upload to WMIRS - Upload your ORM, W&B, and Form 71 to WMIRS without leaving the app. A "photo" of the form is placed in your Photos area and can be selected for upload in the WMIRS E104.  Does not yet support uploading PDFs.

GA8 aircraft type added. Perform weight & balance calculations for virtually any aircraft in the CAP fleet.

Personnel database - Enter the name, weight, CAP ID, and phone numbers of the aircrew members you often fly with. The crew manifest is shown on the Weight & Balance form and aircrew weights are automatically loaded in the worksheet, so completing W&B literally takes seconds. Enter Flight Time, baggage weights and you're done.

Additionally, the empty weights and CG data are automatically downloaded for participating Wing aircraft.  Please note the disclaimers to validate those numbers before using them.

The Files section maintains historical data on all previous missions and documentation created using the app. All mission documents are saved and can be viewed, sent, or deleted at a later time.

See Demos and Documentation at: http://www.goflycap.com/cap-aviation/apps/capflight-pro

See the App in the AppStore: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/capflight-pro/id718217133

All of these features are a direct result of someone contacting me and saying "Hey - could you add..."
I'm working on porting these to the iPhone, which isn't as easy as I wish it were, but that will likely be the next thing you see.

I appreciate all the support and feedback from "CAPTalkers".

Bayareaflyer 44

Wonderful!!   :clap:
Thank you for do this!

Earhart #2546
GRW     #3418

JeffDG

Sweet!  My Beta copy died on Monday when I had to replace my iPad (and since it was tied to that particular device, the new device didn't work)!

Mustang

Changes to Arm not persisting in W&B; if I go back into the W&B page, values are restored to defaults--otherwise, great stuff! 
"Amateurs train until they get it right; Professionals train until they cannot get it wrong. "

Miclarson

This is great.  I would like to propose one additional feature.  After seeing how you got CAPF71 up there got me thinking about the possibility of putting up the 60-1 flight profiles so that those can become part of the uploads to WIMRS.  When we fly those, my wing requires we use those check lists to show what items we did on our flight and upload those to WIMRS along with the other docs.

bigfootpilot

Quote from: Miclarson on November 10, 2013, 03:59:24 PM
This is great.  I would like to propose one additional feature.  After seeing how you got CAPF71 up there got me thinking about the possibility of putting up the 60-1 flight profiles so that those can become part of the uploads to WIMRS.  When we fly those, my wing requires we use those check lists to show what items we did on our flight and upload those to WIMRS along with the other docs.

Great suggestion.  I'll take a look at and see how that will work.

Check Pilot/Tow Pilot

Quote from: Miclarson on November 10, 2013, 03:59:24 PM

What a great idea, I am always looking that up on Google.

aceflyer001

Great app!

I just updated my app for iPhone (Civil Air Patrol for iPhone) in the app store.  Added new social features and will add a quiz section too with a leaderboard.  New version works for iOS 6.0 and above.  Working on updating the iPad app with same features and dressing it up a bit nicer.

nomiddlemas

Wow cant wait to see more CAP apps come along.  I love using them on ES training days.   :clap: