Re: NCOs in CAP (Split from the Perfection thing)

Started by PHall, January 14, 2020, 07:00:28 PM

catrulz

Quote from: Eclipse on February 19, 2020, 06:33:12 PMThe other place manning tables and similar break down is CAP's lack of,
the the general inability of in a volunteer organizaiton "up and/or out".

Members cycle through legit PD and progression over a 10-15 year period,
then cycle back to the unit and the whole thing breaks as FGOs are sitting
back in rank and file.

And if you try to "up and out" in CAP, the whole thing comes down around you in what,
5 years?

Agreed, so not proposing "up or out", I'm proposing Train, Serve, Contribute or stay where you are.  And to move up, you must move up.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: catrulz on February 19, 2020, 07:14:01 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on February 19, 2020, 06:33:12 PMThe other place manning tables and similar break down is CAP's lack of,
the the general inability of in a volunteer organizaiton "up and/or out".

Members cycle through legit PD and progression over a 10-15 year period,
then cycle back to the unit and the whole thing breaks as FGOs are sitting
back in rank and file.

And if you try to "up and out" in CAP, the whole thing comes down around you in what,
5 years?

Agreed, so not proposing "up or out", I'm proposing Train, Serve, Contribute or stay where you are.  And to move up, you must move up.
Or sideline, or take a breather! 

2003-2010 - Earhart Cadet
2010-2012 - Inactive SM while in college
2012-2014 - Leadership Officer
2014-2015 - Assistant CDC
2015-2016 - CDC
2016-2018 - CC
2018-2020 - Patron. 

Stuff Happens.

armyguy

Quote from: TheSkyHornet on January 30, 2020, 04:29:18 PMMilitary officers all have the commonality that they have at least a Bachelor's degree, b Lest we forget the Warrant Officers.

Not all Navy officers have Bachelor degrees - there are enlisted members who are selected for the LDO/CWO program w/o degrees, also Army Warrant are not required to have degrees (i.e. High School to Flight School).  W-2 to W-5 are commissioned officers BTW. 

TheSkyHornet

Quote from: armyguy on February 27, 2022, 09:29:13 PM
Quote from: TheSkyHornet on January 30, 2020, 04:29:18 PMMilitary officers all have the commonality that they have at least a Bachelor's degree, b Lest we forget the Warrant Officers.

Not all Navy officers have Bachelor degrees - there are enlisted members who are selected for the LDO/CWO program w/o degrees, also Army Warrant are not required to have degrees (i.e. High School to Flight School).  W-2 to W-5 are commissioned officers BTW. 

Let's not get into the technicalities of non-O-grades from posts made 2 years ago.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret