Cadet Uniform -- Too Many Ribbons and Badges (A cadet perspective)

Started by Starbird, April 07, 2018, 04:22:28 PM

Hawk200

Quote from: PHall on April 09, 2018, 12:18:12 AM
Quote from: CAPLTC on April 08, 2018, 09:13:22 PM
CAP follows the USAF lead and the USAF loves to hang stuff on uniforms.

The Air Force has nothing on the Army in it's love of hanging a lot of stuff on their uniforms.

And the Army is planning on adding more. (They're putting them on the pocket, but still.)

Quote from: MSG Mac on April 10, 2018, 12:42:50 AM
They even have the possibility to graduate from Boot Camp with 4 ribbons without ever having one day of prior service.

I remember going to Weather school at Keasler, and seeing a few non prior service with six ribbons. I think most had at least four. I remembered being confused. I left Air Force basic with two, and didn't get any more until I left my first assignment, and then it was only one more. Wore three ribbons for a few years.

I probably wouldn't have as many as I do now, if it wasn't for one assignment that told me that they weren't going to write me for anything because I attended an AFJROTC encampment as a mentor, and the wing commander wrote everyone up for Achievements that volunteered for the encampment. (Which I didn't even know was happening until the AAR session at the end of that encampment.)  After that, I chased down just about anything that I legitimately earned. I haven't worried about it so much in the last several years, though.

If we're not too stingy with them in the beginning, maybe some people wouldn't be so worried about them later.

AlphaSigOU

At least the Squiddies have a common-sense rule for ribbon wear:

Wear all ribbons and/or gongs on service dress, mess dress or formal dress. (Minis on mess dress, full on formal dress.)
On khakis and the short-sleeve whites, either a single row with the top three decoration ribbons, any nine ribbons (your choice) or the full ribbon rack.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040