Looking for AE Power Point presentation

Started by rjfoxx, February 23, 2010, 06:37:40 PM

rjfoxx

I am looking for a short AE PP presentation; say 10 minutes.  I need to present one to a group of 50+ Girl Scouts (8 - 13 y/o) in April.  One subject they mentioned is the Solar System.  I have several PP presentations, but none that would work for this age group.  This is for Girl Scout Aviation Day sponsored by the Ninety-Nines.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.  Thanks
Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG

rroberts

I understand and applaud there desire to talk about the solar system but, if you only had 10 minutes, wouldn't the 99's love it if you show cased some of the wonderful woman pilots that have graced us?  Maybe show a clip of Patty Wagstaff or (rest her soul) Vicki Cruse or maybe Nicole Malachowski, the first woman Thunderbird (also a CAP member).

Aviation history is always great, but there are so many incredible woman pilots today that it would be wonderfull to showcase them.

rjfoxx

I thought of that and my Solar System presentation includes women astronauts, etc.  8) The Ninety-Nines will be doing a presentation on famous women pilots.
Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG

DC

If it is more aviation based, then why not do something like a (very simple) presentation on how and why airplanes can fly. Obviously you are going to get a lot of glazed looks if you start spouting off about Bernoulli's Principle, fluid dynamics and such, but I'm sure you can probably simplify it to the age level you are looking at. That is probably something that will interest them, and be pretty relevant. I know when I was 8 years old and took my first plane ride I sure as heck wanted to know why and how the thing stayed up there...

Al Sayre

Check out the NASA website.  The have a section for kids that's pretty good.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787