Main Menu

Show Yourself!

Started by BigMojo, October 24, 2007, 01:32:21 AM

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Ah, shoot... I'll bite.

Whats the tag line here, Eclipse?

"Here I am!!! Bob! Yeah! 39th floor office window, waving"!

"Illinois Legalizes Marijuana: Massive Clouds Appear Lakefront at 4:20PM"

"Hey Eclipse, stop swinging Mjolnir on the roof, its opening a wormhole again".

Am I close with any?

Cheers
Spam

Eclipse

1 is pretty close - 43rd floor - while a nasty localized storm came through, including hail.

You're not far on #2, either.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

#2 son's 16th birthday this weekend had us building a Redneck Water park.

Fun was had by several, not including the grass...

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Me working hard on Saturday at my other job

(ETA - the video. Jump to about 22 seconds)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Shdwcaster

Okay, since I'm the FNG, here's me involved with two of my three other main hobbies.

Crossing the finish line at the end of completing my first marathon in May.

A couple of years ago, but taken during my first Iron Butt Bun Burner 1500 ride (1500 miles on a motorcycle in 36 hours). I'm the goober on the right. I enjoy long-distance misery in multiple forms.

And one of my favorite shots of my ride, just for good measure. I feel like the Sportster and the SLUF are a good thematic match.
Friendly squadron DCC.
"I have no idea how any of this happened."

Eclipse

https://northernillinoisairshow.com/index.html

https://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/ct-lns-waukegan-air-show-st-0909-20190908-ebefospfkbc7zevklesmwjvsau-story.html

Grabbing the flag with 6 CAP and NJROTC cadets. I'm the second one in the red shirt and yellow vest.
I think we actually kept it off the ground this year. No smoke canister - jumper said he pulled the
cord and it fell off.

We learned this year that the wife of the flag jumper sings the Anthem on a radio in synch with the singer on the PA so that the jumper is able to time his landing with the end.  Pretty impressive.

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Fresh pumpkmin (how #2 son used to say it *sniff*) seeds coming out of the oven.

https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/toasted_pumpkin_seeds/

"That Others May Zoom"

Eclipse

Probably an easy quiz - spotted on my way to NY Mon, now parked in a Dunkin in NJ.

That's right NER, it's your turn to be stalked!

"That Others May Zoom"

Spam

Midway is a great little airport (even if you do have to apply hard braking).

I flew through last month on the way back from Nellis and enjoyed this display. The only non-Navy thing was, no drip pans underneath!

V/r
Spam

PHall

Quote from: Spam on February 11, 2020, 08:43:22 PMMidway is a great little airport (even if you do have to apply hard braking).

I flew through last month on the way back from Nellis and enjoyed this display. The only non-Navy thing was, no drip pans underneath!

V/r
Spam

Because if a radial isn't dripping oil, it means the tank is empty!

NIN

Quote from: PHall on February 11, 2020, 08:47:35 PMBecause if a radial isn't dripping oil, it means the tank is empty!

I was an outside float on a few DC-3 jumps. Couldn't figure out what was all over my goggles.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Spam

Quote from: NIN on February 15, 2020, 03:40:03 PM
Quote from: PHall on February 11, 2020, 08:47:35 PMBecause if a radial isn't dripping oil, it means the tank is empty!

I was an outside float on a few DC-3 jumps. Couldn't figure out what was all over my goggles.

Black = radial juice,
Brown/yellow = juice from scared other people in your stick.

Eclipse

I call this "train dans le brouillard".

"That Others May Zoom"

docsteve

Quote from: Eclipse on April 28, 2020, 10:38:24 PMI call this "train dans le brouillard".
Train in the fog.  Is that your backyard?  A lot of railfans would love to have that view.
Steve Sconfienza, Ph.D.
former captain

Spaceman3750

Quote from: docsteve on May 11, 2020, 02:32:00 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on April 28, 2020, 10:38:24 PMI call this "train dans le brouillard".
Train in the fog.  Is that your backyard?  A lot of railfans would love to have that view.
The Metra is nothing to get excited about :P.

docsteve

It's still a train.  Any freight on that line?
Steve Sconfienza, Ph.D.
former captain

Eclipse

Quote from: docsteve on May 11, 2020, 02:32:00 PMIs that your backyard?

Quote from: docsteve on May 11, 2020, 04:04:03 PMIt's still a train.  Any freight on that line?

Yes, and yes.  We probably see 2-3 decent sized freighters come through a month, maybe a few more
occasionally.  In the Summer when they come by, if the windows are open, it's like they are coming through the
house, but we're far enough away that the commuters are a non-factor.  I love it, and the berm gives us privacy.

Add the ORD approach and interchange for a major highway which criss-cross very nearby, and it's a gauge as to whether all is right with the world, which at times like now, it's decidedly not.

911 was eerie because it was just...silence...this time things are moving, just much slower and much less.

FlightRadar24 is usually fun to watch on a summer evening.  The lack of traffic right now
makes it less so for the foreseeable.

"That Others May Zoom"

docsteve

Quote from: Eclipse on May 11, 2020, 05:14:07 PM

Quote from: docsteve on May 11, 2020, 04:04:03 PMIt's still a train.  Any freight on that line?

Add the ORD approach and interchange for a major highway which criss-cross very nearby, and it's a gauge as to whether all is right with the world, which at times like now, it's decidedly not.

911 was eerie because it was just...silence...this time things are moving, just much slower and much less.

FlightRadar24 is usually fun to watch on a summer evening.  The lack of traffic right now
Quote from: Eclipse on May 11, 2020, 05:14:07 PM

. . . 

In Albany, I am about under the FAF for 1 at KALB.  Every morning FedEx and UPS come over.  All day and night, the KBOS arrivals go east and the KJFK & KEWR go south over the VOR (too high to hear).  You are right about 911: nothing moving, excepr for one F16 departing around 10:00 p.m.: it made the news.
Steve Sconfienza, Ph.D.
former captain

Stonewall

Until COVID-19 hit, I hadn't gone more than about 5 weeks between haircuts since I joined CAP as a cadet in 1987.

See the difference a quality haircut makes! It's practically magical.

Serving since 1987.