Main Menu

Time served

Started by Dutchboy, November 21, 2008, 03:34:27 AM

Dutchboy

The following is a hypothetical scenario. 1st. Lt. Bullfrog served as a squadron personnel officer for 16 months. He was then reassigned( Based on squadron need, not a demotion) to Admin for 7 months. Squadron Commander then returns him back to personnel. and serves for 10 months.  would 1st Lt. Bullfrog's time as a Personnel be 26 months or 10 months?  Please explain using regulations or reasoning. Describe why or why not, they are allowed to count the time of both periods of service as a personnel officer.

P.S. Is there a time frame it has to happen in for it to count or not count?

IceNine

I assume you are asking for the purposes of PD ratings.  If so there is no requirement for continuity of service only time served, in which case the time is 26 months.
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Dutchboy

Yes it is for PD ratings. I was wanting to make sure. I don't want to submit a 2a for a member and have it denied because of no continuity of the time served in said position. Don't want the Member feeling bad about it at all.

Eclipse

A 2a is no longer necessary - the rating can be clicked of in eServices by the respective Commander, it is effective immediately.

Remember, specialty track completion is a subjective call by the Commander with the mouse.

"That Others May Zoom"

IceNine

Quote from: messofficer on November 21, 2008, 03:42:27 AM
Yes it is for PD ratings. I was wanting to make sure. I don't want to submit a 2a for a member and have it denied because of no continuity of the time served in said position. Don't want the Member feeling bad about it at all.
Quote from: messofficer on November 21, 2008, 03:42:27 AM

Can't be denied as long as you are the commander, you approve, and there is no higher HQ policy that higher levels require more rank

[edit] I just read your sig, so just make a convincing argument to your commander you'll be good
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4