Promotion certificates for seniors

Started by Randy, April 07, 2019, 10:50:15 PM

Randy

Where can I find and print promotion certificates for seniors

TheSkyHornet

There isn't a standard certificate for promotions. You'll have to make one or snipe one.

Randy

Thanks. Thought that may be the case but was hoping it wasn't. I'll try and create some.

Spam

LT Smith:

To my knowledge, we've never had certificates for promotions for seniors.
We have certificates for training level awards, though (Garber, et al).

If Brunswick is interested in doing up ceremonial certificates for promos, I think that's a fine idea.
You could take this as far as you'd like (i.e. commercial plaques, etc.) but please ensure that your unit Commander, Captain Sp., is in the loop, ok?

Best wishes, and thanks for your service,
Spam

Randy

Thanks for the comment. Yes, proper notification to Captain Speight and others in the chain of command will be observed. Never seen it done during my years but think it is a worthy thought. Randy

TheSkyHornet

Our unit prepares certificates. Whatever the person does with them thereafter (i.e., mount it, throw it away, etc.) is their business.

The certificate gets presented in front of the unit to commemorate the accomplishment and encourage others to continue to progress.

If you want a template, shoot me a PM.

N6RVT

Quote from: Randy on April 08, 2019, 12:39:26 AMThanks. Thought that may be the case but was hoping it wasn't. I'll try and create some.

Under the new promotion system, there is a direct connection between levels and grade.  In my case, the Garber award was the achievement, with a ribbon and a big fancy certificate.  The promotion was kind of an afterthought as rank is meaningless in this organization.  In the case of my squadron there are several retired military officers who came in as LTC's without knowing much about CAP at all, and still don't.  They got level 1 - and stopped.

The Wilson award used to mean even more than it does now because there was NOT a promotion tied to it, you were already an O-5.  You got it because you were motivated to completely finish the PD program.  Now there will be people who get it just to make LTC.

I intend to get my Wilson and remain a Major.  I like holding the least common rank in CAP.

NIN

MI Wing had promotion certificates dating way, way back WIWAC and I worked in Personnel at Wing HQ.  And of course, later (see the attached)

(I only handled organizational actions and the distribution of the MML to units. Occasionally, because I knew how to do it and I was a bit of a perfectionist about it, I'd type up promotion certificates to accompany the approved CAPF 2 back to the unit)

#OfficallyOld
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

N6RVT

Quote from: NIN on April 09, 2019, 02:43:33 PM
MI Wing had promotion certificates dating way, way back WIWAC and I worked in Personnel at Wing HQ.  And of course, later (see the attached)

(I only handled organizational actions and the distribution of the MML to units. Occasionally, because I knew how to do it and I was a bit of a perfectionist about it, I'd type up promotion certificates to accompany the approved CAPF 2 back to the unit)#OfficallyOld

My date of rank as a Captain was May 15, 1986.  I had 33 years in grade when I finally made Major.

That was based on my making Captain in the US Army that day - and looking back on it, all I ever got was the one page promotion order.  Even my Honorable Discharge didn't look like much.

CAP_truth

Nin I have a same certificate for National Headquarters, signed by national commander for promotion to Warrant Officer dated 1968.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

cobra6987

I have templates for each grade. I cant remember where I got them or I would give credit where credit is due. You can see them here (removed until watermark fixed)
SSgt, USAF (Separated)
Lt Col, CAP
Shiprock 10
Ham - N5TCL

Eclipse

Quote from: cobra6987 on April 10, 2019, 11:55:57 PM
I have templates for each grade. I cant remember where I got them or I would give credit where credit is due. You can see them here https://bit.ly/2ImPPmY

The file properties indicate they were created by someone named "Gerald Brann" in 2012, however the watermark graphic in these is no longer allowed for CAP use.

"That Others May Zoom"

cobra6987

Quote from: Eclipse on April 11, 2019, 12:11:02 AM
Quote from: cobra6987 on April 10, 2019, 11:55:57 PM
I have templates for each grade. I cant remember where I got them or I would give credit where credit is due. You can see them here https://bit.ly/2ImPPmY

The file properties indicate they were created by someone named "Gerald Brann" in 2012, however the watermark graphic in these is no longer allowed for CAP use.

Didn't even think to check the properties. Well, at least that's fairly simple to replace. Any recommendations? I imagine probably the Seal.
SSgt, USAF (Separated)
Lt Col, CAP
Shiprock 10
Ham - N5TCL

Eclipse

The triangle prop would probably be what the branding people would suggest.

"That Others May Zoom"