SET Validations and ES Ratings that require Pre-requisite ratings

Started by a2capt, April 01, 2014, 01:51:35 AM

a2capt

I've got a scenario that makes sense but doesn't.. depending on which way you come at it:

Would a MP with SET be able to be used for MO evaluation?

.. if the MP went from MS to MP, and never touched MO.

It appears that sometimes it takes that MP's CAPID, and other times it does not. It's both right and wrong.

Eclipse

No.

Not all MPs are MOs or MO SETs.
It should not work at all.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

Regardless of whether the SQTR in Ops Quals takes the CAPID or not, only a skills evaluator for the particular specialty can sign off tasks for that specialty. A qualified supervisor may supervise trainees, but can't sign them off unless they're an evaluator for that specialty as well.

vento

I have seen cases where the MP was also rated MO and SET at one time, but then his/her MO expired and he/she did not bother to renew. In that case, one could see that that particular MP had signed off MO in the past.

I also think the old system did not do the due diligence that the new system does. I really think the current system of eServices enforcing the SET is a huge improvement over what we had in the past.

a2capt

Well, in the case I'm dealing with now, the one sited as being the MO was never an MO. No expired rating, no nothing. Just MS and MP, and the task(s) involved are not cross pollinated with MP, OTOH, they are things that a pilot would typically do outside of the CAP scenario.

Eclipse

It doesn't matter.

The MO-SET has to be specifically approved all the
way up, and the system would not accept the SET
submission is they were not an MO.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

I think he's saying that the system did take the CAPID. I've seen that happen with a different mission base specialty, where an evaluator's CAPID for a higher specialty was used for a lower one and it took it. That's most likely a bug or glitch in the system. CAPR 60-3 is clear. An MP that is not an MO can supervise MS and MO trainees (see Qualified Supervisor Chart), but in order to sign off MO tasks, he/she needs to be a skills evaluator for MO.

a2capt

Correct: I know what 60-3 says,  and there are parts of the input process that match, and there are parts that do not. In the earliest era of electronic tracking, renewing a MP used to push it's date back down on MS and MO if you held those ratings, too.

Now it does not appear to do that, rather it wants them to be renewed separately. OTOH, GTM1 should encompass GTM2 and 3, as that's all the same subset. I have not messed with GT ratings past GTM3 since that was broken into steps.

Storm Chaser

I know for a fact that qualifying or renewing higher mission base specialties resets the dates for lower/subordinate ones. The same is true for GT; qualifying/renewing GTL resets the dates for GTM1, 2, 3 and UDF.

Eclipse

It's supposed to, in some cases, if the dates are out of sync, you need to send a message
to the helpdesk to get them re-upped.

"That Others May Zoom"

AirDX

OK, here's one: We have an IC3 that needs to renew.  When our IC1 tries to validate his tasks, e-Services says it's a no-go.  The IC1 can sign off IC1 tasks and ONLY IC1 tasks.  No IC2 or IC3.  Is that how it's supposed to work, or is that an anomaly?  Doesn't make sense that an IC1 can't train an IC3.
Believe in fate, but lean forward where fate can see you.

Eclipse

Is he appointed an approved as an IC3 SET?

Each rating has a separate SET approval, just like GT.

"That Others May Zoom"

Storm Chaser

The Skills Evaluator module in Ops Quals requires that the evaluator appointment be made for all levels of a qualification. Each level is then represented on the 101 card with a diamond, unlike qualifications without skills evaluator appointment, which only show the highest.

AirDX

Quote from: Eclipse on April 11, 2014, 01:48:02 AM
Is he appointed an approved as an IC3 SET?

Each rating has a separate SET approval, just like GT.

No.  That's the first place I went, to see if I could click the box and get him enabled.  He doesn't even show as IC2 and IC3 qualed, just IC1.  But with those two being prereq to IC1, I don't get it.  Though he's been an IC1 for a long time... maybe before the SQTR was set up in eservices requiring prereqs? 

Storm Chaser

Check each SQTR for IC2 and IC3 to see if they're active. Now, when a higher qualification is renewed, the dates for the lower ones are reset. That wasn't always the case with the old system. It's possible that his IC1 is active, but his IC2 and IC3 are showing expired.

Eclipse

Quote from: Storm Chaser on April 11, 2014, 02:01:42 AM
Check each SQTR for IC2 and IC3 to see if they're active. Now, when a higher qualification is renewed, the dates for the lower ones are reset. That wasn't always the case with the old system. It's possible that his IC1 is active, but his IC2 and IC3 are showing expired.

And if this is the case, a Help Desk ticket will fix the equivalency.

We've had a bunch of these.

"That Others May Zoom"

AirDX

Never mind, just figured it out.  The IC1's IC2 and IC3 quals expired.  Sigh.  Help desk ticket going in.

SunDog

Welcome to eServices - "We don't let business rules stand in the way of bad design"