GES 116 In a Group Setting?

Started by a2capt, January 27, 2014, 12:32:43 AM

a2capt

Has anyone done 116 in a group setting recently?

ol'fido

We did one last year for several of our cadets. One thing we ran into is that one of the cadets failed the test and kept trying to retake it without asking for any kind of assistance or correction whatsoever. After a while, the system booted him off and wouldn't let him retest anymore. If you do have a group working in a room together, have a senior that can help them if they run into difficulty.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Spaceman3750

Not recently. I'm of the opinion that if they can't sit still and study long enough to pass the 116 on their own, they're really going to struggle with other aspects of ES training.

Walkman

I've covered the majority of the topis via PPT witha group a few times. It allows for a few questions and clarification beyond what you get if you jo it on your own. Now, getting people to then go and take the test following that can sometimes be a challenge.

One idea I've been thinking of to overcome that is to gather everyone who needs it at a local school in the compurt lab. Teachers will cover the material them have everyone take the test right there.