Section Chief sign-offs and perforamce

Started by ammotrucker, November 04, 2010, 02:41:13 PM

ammotrucker

Quote from: Who_knows? on November 04, 2010, 06:27:29 PM
Real world missions are not the place to train mission staff, nor are sarex's in most cases.  When conducting "Missions", you often do not have time to explain in enough detail the reasons why we do certain things. SAREX's are too canned or scripted in many cases to be effective for training mission staff as well, at least for senior staff. Table tops on the other hand, allow us to throw all kinds of things into the scenario and allows the trainee to screw up with out putting anyone in danger.   

YMMV

While I agree that real world mission are not the place to train.  My suggestion is that the member participate in a real world mission to understand how they work.  this is meant to get this member proffiecnt in what he has already accomplished..  I believe that while this individual may be high speed or not should we not treat any member differently then the next member. 

I don't know how other Wings train into IC.  While this may have been the question that I should have posed.  I know how FLWG trained into this position, an if a standard has been set should it be changed because one member feels slighted with only the SQTR sign-off to proceed.
RG Little, Capt

ol'fido

1. The value of any training exercise depends on the care with which it is planned and controlled. SAREX or table tops are valuable training tools. Real world missions are not the place to train but they do provide valuable lessons in what works, what doesn't, and what is irrelevant.

2. Qualified doesn't equal competent. We need to make sure that we are thoroughly knowledgeable in one qual before we try to get another. We have the thread about braggin rights but how many of us know every qual we claim inside and out? Professionalism aint about lookin' pretty.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006