Main Menu

McGuire AFB Air Show

Started by acarlson, May 13, 2007, 01:12:22 PM

afgeo4

The organizational cap has to be authorized by the unit commander for wear. At an activity that happens at a higher level, that level's unit commander has to authorize the hat. HE/SHE is the unit commander at that time. For the said event, because the activity was a NJWG activity, the unit commander was Maj McGuire as he was designated. Sure, the hat was authorized by a squadron commander in PA or wherever, but that's not the unit where the activity is taking place. It's someone else's AOR.
GEORGE LURYE

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

JC004

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 24, 2007, 01:24:43 AM
Any word on an AAR? 

No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night (ok, lies).

I do have an exciting DVD from the Army on how to conduct an AAR! 

SarDragon

Any word on an AAR? 

It's in work. The cadet commander is in the middle of college exams right now. Not sure what the Major's status is.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

mikeylikey

Quote from: SarDragon on May 24, 2007, 06:32:09 AM
Any word on an AAR? 

It's in work. The cadet commander is in the middle of college exams right now. Not sure what the Major's status is.

I sure hope the State Director as well as the Region Commander is invited to the review.   
What's up monkeys?

acarlson

Wing Wars
(sung to the tune of "Star Wars")

Wing Wars!!! ...   nothing but Wing Wars!!! ...   
Nothing of value...  only to hash...

O Ver...  say it all O-Ver... 
and over, and over, can't let it rest...

Rehash...  let's just all re-hash...
Let's not progress here...  would not be good... 

Flame some... let's just all flame some...
Makes us feel better... sorry I asked.

Nothing of value...  please lock this thread ...

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

mikeylikey

Quote from: acarlson on May 24, 2007, 05:57:51 PM
Wing Wars

Wow......good one!  Oh...didn't you bring this topic up and then failed to elaborate for those of us that didnt make the airshow.  Yupp....you did. 
What's up monkeys?

acarlson

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 24, 2007, 07:39:37 PM
Quote from: acarlson on May 24, 2007, 05:57:51 PM
Wing Wars

Wow......good one!  Oh...didn't you bring this topic up and then failed to elaborate for those of us that didnt make the airshow.  Yupp....you did. 

yes  that was me... and I refused to provide you, mikeylikey, with food for your gossip column.

My original question was intended for those units who where there... in the spirit of discussion... the spirit, I believe, of the CAPtalk.net boards... not to feed fuel for your personal Wing Wars.

note the line ... "sorry I asked."   

Annette Carlson, 1Lt CAP
PDO, PAO, Pers, & Historian
Doylestown Composite Squadron 907
Doylestown PA

JC004

Fear not!  When I become PAWG CC and invade the surrounding wings, the war will be over! 

SJFedor

You kids behave, now.

Interesting song, is there the march of darth pineda?

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

Sgt. Savage

Back On Topic....

I chatted with our Squadron SMSgt. He went and reports that the whole thing was mishandled grossly. My understanding is that the organizers of the event didn't even know how to set up a stupid chow line. The tasking was ridiculous and to boot, the region DCP claimed that "...cadets are a region asset and upon arrival, they are to be turned over to the region; don't worry about where they are and what their tasking is."

All things considered, the SMSgt equates the event to a chaotic assembly of officers, willing to give commands, and cadets, not willing to accept those commands, and a few individuals that actually gave a rats a$$  enough to put effort into what was going on. Poor planning, too many "Chiefs", undisciplined indians...

JC004

mikeylikey

Quote from: Sgt. Savage on May 25, 2007, 12:13:17 PM
the region DCP claimed that "...cadets are a region asset and upon arrival, they are to be turned over to the region; don't worry about where they are and what their tasking is."

hmmm........NO!  He still has his job?  WOW
What's up monkeys?

Pumbaa

mikeylikey

^^  Agreed.  Cool pictures they posted by the way!
What's up monkeys?

LtCol White

Quote from: SJFedor on May 24, 2007, 10:45:50 PM
You kids behave, now.

Interesting song, is there the march of darth pineda?

"once more the sith will rule Maxwell...I mean the Galaxy"  >:D
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

CadetProgramGuy

Quote from: mikeylikey on May 25, 2007, 04:01:28 PM
Quote from: Sgt. Savage on May 25, 2007, 12:13:17 PM
the region DCP claimed that "...cadets are a region asset and upon arrival, they are to be turned over to the region; don't worry about where they are and what their tasking is."

hmmm........NO!  He still has his job?  WOW

Just to add....Sir with no due respect....Oh Hell No!!

- or -

Sir you want to sign this sheet of paper stating this fact while I call the IG?

CASH172

Uh this is a problem since not all CAP cadets were from NER.  Some came from Maryland WG and other wings which are part of MER.  Also a lot of cadets were from Sea Cadets and AFJROTC.  They couldn't be considered a region asset at all. 

afgeo4

They were working and assigned to a Region activity, so yes, they were, at the time, an asset of NER. Everyone had a chance and a choice to withdraw their cadets from the activity if they felt it was the right thing to do. Those still attached to NER for the activity were the assets of NER for the duration of said activity.

For those referencing the IG... please cite regulations and examples of violations of said regulations that you would report to an IG or stop putting threats on this board please.

I'm not even a member of NJWG and I'm starting to feel offended.
GEORGE LURYE

JC004

Quote from: afgeo4 on May 29, 2007, 01:13:13 AM
They were working and assigned to a Region activity, so yes, they were, at the time, an asset of NER. Everyone had a chance and a choice to withdraw their cadets from the activity if they felt it was the right thing to do. Those still attached to NER for the activity were the assets of NER for the duration of said activity.

For those referencing the IG... please cite regulations and examples of violations of said regulations that you would report to an IG or stop putting threats on this board please.

I'm not even a member of NJWG and I'm starting to feel offended.

I tend to agree here, but I guess it depends on how it was run.  I suspect you could run an airshow and say the units are responsible for their people.  That'd be insane here and I get the idea it didn't happen that way.  When we run a basic cadet activity at the Group level, the cadets are a Group asset...when we run a wing encampment, same deal.  But if you run an activity and fail to keep track of anybody at all, well, I dunno... ::shrug::