1:60 B777-300ER Model from Scratch.

Started by a2capt, January 19, 2014, 04:37:36 PM

a2capt

1:60 model of an Air India Boeing 777-300ER made entirely from manila file folders.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucaiaconistewart/sets/72157632208677161/

Now, if that thing can fly .. maybe the Iranians's are on to something with their kiddie fighter ride jet. ;)

OTOH .. this guy left no pieces out. Tons of detail to be never seen again.

Eclipse

That's impressive on so many levels it's hard to find descriptors.

"That Others May Zoom"

NIN

Quote from: Eclipse on January 19, 2014, 04:53:22 PM
That's impressive on so many levels it's hard to find descriptors.

Thats.. I mean, its just.. I...

Wow.

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
I have no responsibilities whatsoever
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

PHall

jeders

Somebody has WAAAAAY too much time on his hands. Also, that's pretty awesome.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

a2capt

..and here's the model in the "Paint Shop".

PAINT SHOP // Painting Time-lapse // Air India Model 777-300ER

Curious, that must be some kind of paint that will react with something else applied to it.

sardak

QuoteCurious, that must be some kind of paint that will react with something else applied to it.
No, posted in "about" the video:  You might ask why I even bothered to "paint" on the livery, given how subtle it is—I didn't want to ruin the manila folder look with actual paint, so clear gloss seemed like a better option. It's hard to see under normal light, but at the right angles it's definitely visible.

And an article about the plane - 5 years to build and he dropped out of college in the process.  http://www.wired.com/design/2014/01/obsessed/

Mike

Eclipse

Crazy.

The gear retracts:
Model 777 nose landing gear detail

The thrust reversers work:
Thrust Reversers

The only thing I don't see is the fully completed model with wings.

"That Others May Zoom"

sardak

I found your answer about the wings - it doesn't have any yet. He's scrapped a couple of sets, though. Luca, "Manilaplane," is on a scale modelers forum where he posts updates and answers questions. About those wings...

He also rebuilt the tail and nose a couple of times, oh yeah, and the doors, and...

Mike