Main Menu

Winter Board 2008

Started by CAP_truth, February 29, 2008, 02:58:07 PM

TankerT

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 01, 2008, 01:17:17 AM
Ugh, I'm gonna have to get up at like 745 if I want to watch all of tomorrow.
Do they post it later so people can watch at a reasonable hour?

No, but for a large and unreasonable fee, I'll record it and mail it to you.  Or just call you and wake you up every 15 minutes with a play by play.

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: TankerT on March 01, 2008, 04:02:14 AM

No, but for a large and unreasonable fee, I'll record it and mail it to you.  Or just call you and wake you up every 15 minutes with a play by play.

Ha, thank you sir but I've already set up the recording software   :D

Besides, if you called me every 15 minuets while I was trying to sleep, I'd teleport my butt strait to Madison, cut your phone lines, and detonate an EMP to kill your cell phone.  Dan no like wakey wakey before 1PM.   >:D :D ;D

ZigZag911

Am I the only one who thinks we need a change in how CAP business is conducted?

Really, there is something fundamentally ridiculous about the 60 top executives of an organization spending time at a national board meeting discussing and amending proposals about hats!!!!

There's got to be a better way to set this up so the corporate officers' time is preserved for setting policy and addressing major challenges facing CAP.

DNall

It's more like middle mgmt. The point of Wg CCs is really just to keep an eye on things at the mid-level so they don't get too out of control They get a tiny bit of power over minor issues so they'll feel important, but that's about it. The NHQ staff is actually more powerful, as certainly are the BoG, plus CAP-USAF/AU/AETC to a degree, and AF XO in a much bigger way.

But yes, absolutely we need to clean up the mess that is our confused governing structure.

TankerT

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 01, 2008, 04:05:53 AM
Quote from: TankerT on March 01, 2008, 04:02:14 AM

Ha, thank you sir but I've already set up the recording software   :D

Besides, if you called me every 15 minuets while I was trying to sleep, I'd teleport my butt strait to Madison, cut your phone lines, and detonate an EMP to kill your cell phone.  Dan no like wakey wakey before 1PM.   >:D :D ;D

You could go to Madison... but I am somewhere a bit more east this week...

/The ice cream was pretty yummy....

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

DC

No sound again!

They are doing the Color Guard now... Why are there five cadets? and why is one in  Service Dress (and an officer?

DC

NCO Chevrons on Corporate uniform approved.

tkelley004

Quote from: DC on March 01, 2008, 01:58:56 PM
No sound again!

They are doing the Color Guard now... Why are there five cadets? and why is one in  Service Dress (and an officer?

Remember "enlisted only" is for NCC not to take part in an event, The USAF is now using junior officers as part of honor guards and I have seen them as Color guard commanders..

So, it is OK....
Tim Kelley, Lt Col, CAP
Bellingham Composite Squadron
Retired USAF SMSgt

jsmithvideo

They were not doing color guard at the meeting... it was a video playing until the meeting started. 

tkelley004

Operation CAPSafe..

Everyone send in one Safety Idea, each month... Really....

I think they would be better served to require one per wing and track it, but now it is totally unworkable....

That Crash sounds a lot like darker shades of blue..
http://s92270093.onlinehome.us/CRM-Devel/resources/paper/darkblue/darkblue.htm
Tim Kelley, Lt Col, CAP
Retired USAF SMSgt

tkelley004

Humm Medal of Valor Assiocation...

Is that open to ex-members  >:D I hope not...
Tim Kelley, Lt Col, CAP
Retired USAF SMSgt

LittleIronPilot

Quote from: tkelley004 on March 01, 2008, 02:51:06 PM
Operation CAPSafe..

Everyone send in one Safety Idea, each month... Really....

I think they would be better served to require one per wing and track it, but now it is totally unworkable....

That Crash sounds a lot like darker shades of blue..
http://s92270093.onlinehome.us/CRM-Devel/resources/paper/darkblue/darkblue.htm

Lets put up Mike Rowe's safety speach.

Not even a single injury is acceptable. Now do not get me wrong, I want no one hurt, but we fly planes and tromp through the woods.....people WILL get hurt, even it is just an ankle sprain. The "zero" mentality is unreasonable and untenable.

I can't watch the feed where I am right now.  have they gone back to the "US Civil air Patrol" thing yet?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

_

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on March 01, 2008, 03:43:35 PM
I can't watch the feed where I am right now.  have they gone back to the "US Civil air Patrol" thing yet?
not yet, talking about putting a cadet on the national board

_

Constitution and bylaws committee thinks it would be bad for a cadet to be on the board, voting or nonvoting, because of the fiduciary responsibility put on NB members.  The national CAC people obviously disagree.

jeders

I'm confused, what kind of legal liability for the cadet comes with being a non-voting member of the board.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

_

When someone sues an entity they usually sue everyone in a position of leadership including most likely the entire national board which would include that cadet.

jeders

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on March 01, 2008, 04:04:42 PM
When someone sues an entity they usually sue everyone in a position of leadership including most likely the entire national board which would include that cadet.

Thanks for the clarification.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

jeders

And the cadets once again seem to get shafted.

_