Main Menu

Winter Board 2008

Started by CAP_truth, February 29, 2008, 02:58:07 PM

SJFedor

4 long hours of hard work!

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

_

there is a $20,000 National CAP Scholarship to Norwich university

Michael

Nice! Norwich scholarship!
Bill Coons, C/Capt

Al Sayre

Just one?  It wasn't clear based on the language...
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

_

meeting is adjourned till 0900 tomorrow

ok so I missd part of the meeting.

what's the story on the name tapes?  are we chucking the "US Civil Air Patrol"?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

_

they are considering removing US for everything that says USCAP but they are waiting til tomorrow so they can take their time and write something up for approval

RiverAux

Sounds like they're just figuring out the best way to word it -- it wasn't tabled due to any apparent opposition. 

jeders

It's tabled for wording that way someone doesn't get the idea that the US cutouts on the AF service coat need to be removed.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

♠SARKID♠

Ugh, I'm gonna have to get up at like 745 if I want to watch all of tomorrow.
Do they post it later so people can watch at a reasonable hour?

RiverAux

Nope.  You snooze, you lose....

DrJbdm

OK, the silver sleeve braid was the one thing I was really hoping would be changed, I hate that thing. That alone will keep me out of it.

You uniform Nazis who want NO changes are ruining it for all of us who live for the changes! my poor seamstress won't be able to send her kids thru Harvard University and MIT now.  Shame on y'all.  She might actually have to go get a job at Vanguard.  ;D

NEBoom

Quote from: Bayhawk21 on February 29, 2008, 06:39:54 PM
instructor course now online

Did they happen to mention where?
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

DNall

It on AFIADL, same portal as SOS, unless this is something even newer that I don't know about yet. The one that I saw was pretty good though.

Robert Hartigan

Quote from: DrJbdm on March 01, 2008, 03:05:38 AM
OK, the silver sleeve braid was the one thing I was really hoping would be changed, I hate that thing. That alone will keep me out of it.

Ditto. The silver braid is the one thing keeping me from purchasing this uniform. The silver braid is just too over the top for me. The silver braid always makes me think of Cmndt. Eric Lassard and Lt. Thaddeus Harris from Police Academy.  ;D
<><><>#996
GRW   #2717

DC

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 01, 2008, 01:17:17 AM
They really ought to.. It is so much more interesting to watch it, rather than just read the minutes...

Oh well.

RiverAux

I thought it was pretty hilarious that the people supporting this at the NB didn't realize that there actually isn't an AF uniform that looks like our corporate uniform (heck, the AF wouldn't have approved it if it did) and the main supporter was comparing the current CAP corporate uniform to some old AF uniform he wore back in the mists of time.  They also didn't realize that switching the corporate uniform to the blue braid would actually make the corporate uniform look more like the current AF service dress uniform.  

I am not a fan of the concept of the corporate uniform, but this particular proposal was not very well thought out.  

RiverAux

Quote from: DC on March 01, 2008, 03:42:34 AM
Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on March 01, 2008, 01:17:17 AM
They really ought to.. It is so much more interesting to watch it, rather than just read the minutes...

Oh well.
I expect that they don't have the space to store 4+ hours of video files.

DC

Bringing up Boonie Hats again... (I know... sorry...)

Do you think the Air Force might give us a break on the Woodland Camo for wear with BDUs since they are transfering to ABUs now?

DC

Quote from: RiverAux on March 01, 2008, 03:43:22 AM
I thought it was pretty hilarious that the people supporting this at the NB didn't realize that there actually isn't an AF uniform that looks like our corporate uniform (heck, the AF wouldn't have approved it if it did) and the main supporter was comparing the current CAP corporate uniform to some old AF uniform he wore back in the mists of time.  They also didn't realize that switching the corporate uniform to the blue braid would actually make the corporate uniform look more like the current AF service dress uniform.  

I am not a fan of the concept of the corporate uniform, but this particular proposal was not very well thought out.  
It was flat out stupid... But, I think anyone wearing that uniform is more likely to be mistaken for an airline captain than an Air Force officer. After an airline pilot, a Naval or Coastie officer... I have always thought the TPU was rediculous, what's wrong with the blazer for a corporate dress uniform?

If anyone noticed, that's what Gen. Courter was wearing today...