Main Menu

donations/unit sponsor

Started by brasda91, November 11, 2007, 09:38:16 PM

brasda91

Been working on some ideas for donations from local businesses.  Came up with this idea.  Instead of asking for money, ask for a service.  Example, you go to your local Ford dealership and talk with the owner about being a unit sponsor by providing routine maint. (oil changes, fluids, tires rotated and balanced, etc.) and minor repairs (electric window motor on driver/passenger door inoperable, fan switch on climate control only works on one setting, a/c is out, etc.) for your van at no cost to the unit.

Contact your local billboard company and ask if they would donate some signage space for recruiting.

Contact a local photocopier business and ask if they would provide photocopies at no charge.

I've got a few more, but you need to come up with your own ideas.   ;D

So, anybody done any of these or similar ideas?
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011

Cecil DP

Ask some local businesses to sponsor a cadet for a year. This would include his /her encampment and possible uniforms. Estimated cost $200. This is all deductable. Invite them to the squadron to meet the cadet and have the cadet write a letter to his sponsor to thank them
Michael P. McEleney
LtCol CAP
MSG  USA Retired
GRW#436 Feb 85

IceNine

I like the idea as a theory, but I think an open ended item donation is going to be viewed as nickel and dimeing.  I think you'd be better off asking for a finite set of things once or twice a year then asking for pieces a few dozen times a year
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4