National Board Live Video Feed

Started by JC004, August 09, 2007, 04:48:54 AM

Quote from: genejackson on August 09, 2007, 02:27:37 PM
This just in from National: 

"Due to the overwhelming amount of viewers, we are currently increasing our bandwidth.  Please be patient."

They didn't forsee this coming with everything going on this week?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

Ok, I think this board is already growing faster than "National Commander Suspened"

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

genejackson

Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

genejackson

My phone is ringing off the hook this morning by people in my Group wanting to know what the devil is going on after the email from Amy sent out last night and the inability to see the video feeds.....

Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

JC004

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 09, 2007, 02:33:01 PM
Quote from: genejackson on August 09, 2007, 02:27:37 PM
This just in from National: 

"Due to the overwhelming amount of viewers, we are currently increasing our bandwidth.  Please be patient."

They didn't forsee this coming with everything going on this week?

even by watching this forum and getting the idea?  we know their spies watch us here, so they should have known we'd be all over the non-existent feed

JC004

Quote from: genejackson on August 09, 2007, 02:39:32 PM
My phone is ringing off the hook this morning by people in my Group wanting to know what the devil is going on after the email from Amy sent out last night and the inability to see the video feeds.....

e-mail?

West_Coast_Guy

With the feed not available, now I'm glad I didn't get up at 0600 to watch the thing!

genejackson

MEMORANDUM FOR ALL CAP MEMBERS

SUBJECT: Civil Air Patrol's Continuity

It is with regret that I inform you that the Board of Governors has suspended the National Commander, Major General Antonio J. Pineda, pending an investigation. This is standard procedure in situations involving investigations. Let me make this clear, Major General Pineda has NOT been removed and I am only the Acting Commander, because our constitution provides for continuity during times such as this when our Commander is not available.

I am asking each of you to not speculate or discuss this issue internally or externally out of respect for Major General Pineda and CAP.

This year's annual conference theme is "Citizens Serving Communities" and our duty is to serve these citizens and assist them. While we will have some program changes at the conference, it will go on as planned. I look forward to seeing you in person or for those that cannot make it; I hope you will invest the time to watch us on the internet.

I have confidence that each of you will continue to do your job professionally. It is in difficult times like these that a person's true character shows and I know that we have the right people in CAP to accomplish our missions. We are capable, with your service, to carry on in the finest tradition of our organization. Our plans have already been set, and we expect no major changes.

During times such as these, it is easy to overlook safety. We must remember to continue performing the CAP missions in our normal capable, professional and, above all, safe manner.

AMY S. COURTER

Brigadier General, CAP

National Vice Commander

Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

Skyray

You would think they would learn about having secret meetings.  The last one I remember is when they canned and demoted General Bergman at Bowling's instigation.  Most of you here probably weren't privy to the behind the scenes machinations, but they got severely slam-dunked by the Air Force for that one.  Notice that Bergman is still a Brigadier, and last time I checked he was on the BOG.  Having meetings in secret is usually because you are doing something a little unsavory.
Doug Johnson - Miami

Always Active-Sometimes a Member

TankerT

Quote from: JC004 on August 09, 2007, 02:41:02 PM

e-mail?

Yes.  E-mail is a wonderful invention by Al Gore that allows you to send messages from your computer to other people on the "Information Super Highway."  But, be warned, Congress wants to charge you a dime for every message you send!

/Insert Snappy Comment Here

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JC004

Quote from: TankerT on August 09, 2007, 02:44:01 PM
Quote from: JC004 on August 09, 2007, 02:41:02 PM

e-mail?

Yes.  E-mail is a wonderful invention by Al Gore that allows you to send messages from your computer to other people on the "Information Super Highway."  But, be warned, Congress wants to charge you a dime for every message you send!

I will be sure to check out this innovation.

Skyray

QuoteI am asking each of you to not speculate or discuss this issue internally or externally out of respect for Major General Pineda and CAP.

I have a great deal of respect for General Coulter and for CAP, but I have known Tony for the twenty years he has been in CAP and I have absolutely ZERO respect for him.  I will now stifle myself, but it is out of my respect for General Courter and CAP.
Doug Johnson - Miami

BillB

Maybe they will get the bandwidth and the feed ready by Saturday afternoon. CAP members don't have a need to know what the National Board does anyway.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

jimmydeanno

just wait until the minutes are published next march...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

ColonelJack

Quote from: BillB on August 09, 2007, 02:59:22 PM
Maybe they will get the bandwidth and the feed ready by Saturday afternoon. CAP members don't have a need to know what the National Board does anyway.

Advocating governance in secret, then?   ;D

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

genejackson

N.O.T.F. :   "At the CAP's National Board meeting in Atlanta this morning, the board has already gone into a closed session.  Sources say that although the closed meeting is going on, there is "no screaming or hollering" that can be heard, sources say.  Meanwhile, sources say that Pineda has offered to resign quietly if he is allowed to keep his general's stars. "
Gene Jackson
COL (R) US Army
Danville VA

Skyray

I know a lot of you guys don't credit News of the Force, but they have a reporter at the National Boards that reports that they just went into closed session, and so far no screaming and hollering can be heard.
Doug Johnson - Miami

So how long till we hear of anything?

1st Lt Ricky Walsh, CAP
Boston Cadet Squadron
NER-MA002 SE, AEO & ESO

JC004

Quote from: NERMA002 Safety on August 09, 2007, 03:23:44 PM
So how long till we hear of anything?

I hope we'll get something when they go to lunch