Triangle thingy spottings

Started by RiverAux, May 16, 2010, 01:55:47 PM

SarDragon

Not as long as they aren't used on a uniform.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Bluelakes 13

Folks, please realize that there are probably as many people that like the triangle thingy as there are those that don't.  The former just don't feel a need to be "vocal" about it...

RiverAux

Quote from: Bluelakes 13 on September 02, 2010, 07:32:47 PM
Folks, please realize that there are probably as many people that like the triangle thingy as there are those that don't.  The former just don't feel a need to be "vocal" about it...
While I'll admit that there aren't any scientific surveys about this, the amount of hatred expressed for the symbol here probably represents the most lopsided glimpse of public opinion that we've ever had on the board.  Maybe you could get more people on the "no" side if you proposed bringing back the berry boards, but I doubt it. 

More likely is that there are a significant number of CAP members who not thought about it at all.  Those that have thought about it, don't seem to like it much. 

NCRblues

Found one!!! On the 2010 national board banner above the podium
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

JC004

Quote from: RiverAux on September 02, 2010, 07:55:38 PM
While I'll admit that there aren't any scientific surveys about this, the amount of hatred expressed for the symbol here probably represents the most lopsided glimpse of public opinion that we've ever had on the board.  Maybe you could get more people on the "no" side if you proposed bringing back the berry boards, but I doubt it. 

More likely is that there are a significant number of CAP members who not thought about it at all.  Those that have thought about it, don't seem to like it much.

That seems about right.  It would seem for those who care about what our logos are and the dilution of CAP's brand, there is a far more concurring view on this than most anything I've ever seen on CAPTalk. 

The highest population is probably those who've not thought about it (and probably won't), followed by those who dislike it, followed by those who like it.  There is probably also a decent number of people who don't care so much about what the logo IS, but do think it's ridiculous that we don't have a professional brand.  I've talked to quite a few of those.

In addition, the Triangle Thingy marks a continued separation from anything Air Force-style and many dislike that.

I would be willing to bet that among those who care, there are far more people who dislike it. 

tsrup

And those are the same people that probably think that the Chevy HHR is a darned fine looking automobile...

If you don't get the above reference, Im saying that they have no taste.
Paramedic
hang-around.

vento

The Triangle thingy is everywhere at the NB meeting. Every NHQ staff is wearing a polo shirt with the thingy embroided on it. It's also on every printed material, computer screen for registration, etc, etc and the list goes on. Very sad. This is by far the best example of the Gresham's law in action.

Майор Хаткевич

Me thinks we should have made up "Death to the Triangle Thingy" challenge coins to counter those from vanguard. I know I'd buy one. :)

Eeyore

bosshawk

Given what some are saying on this thread, when do you suppose that we will get new aircraft and van decals and a new MAJCOM patch?
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

SarDragon

I've been at the Nat Boards since Wednesday, and the place looks like someone took a machine gun loaded with various sized thingies, and sprayed it all over the place. Like Chickenman, "They're everywhere, they're everywhere!"
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

bosshawk

Dave: sounds like there is a message there, somehow.  It looks like someone wants to get the message out with widest distribution.  Too much trouble to do a ICL.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

a2capt

Maybe it's more Aux Off crap.

Ugh.

SarDragon

Elephino?

IMHO, that thingy is just plain fugly.

[my spell checker just puked on those two words!]
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

wuzafuzz

Is it true there is a huge Triangle Thingy hovering over San Diego, like the alien ships on Independence Day?

Kill the Triangle Thingy!!!
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JC004

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on September 03, 2010, 01:37:23 PM
Me thinks we should have made up "Death to the Triangle Thingy" challenge coins to counter those from vanguard. I know I'd buy one. :)

Ha.  Actually...me too. 

Quote from: bosshawk on September 04, 2010, 02:34:31 AM
Given what some are saying on this thread, when do you suppose that we will get new aircraft and van decals and a new MAJCOM patch?

Your move, NHQ.  Do it.  See how many more people get mad about the Triangle Thingy because we're wasting money on yet another decal.  I propose that the Triangle Thingy's budget be frozen and used to send some cadets to Encampment or an NCSA.

SarDragon

Well, the Sandy Eggo rash has, for the moment, been eradicated. The triangle thingies have retreated, to live another day in another place.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

JC004

:clap:

May it die a terrible death in transit.

So I was in DC this week (as I am often).  Since I forgot my extra phone batteries and needed to work off and on with this project, I kept stopping at various Starbucks locations throughout the area.  Let me tell you...Starbucks has so many logos and colors in use that it is almost impossible to find them.  I mean...red, blue, green, orange, etc.  How are you supposed to know?!  And the logos!  Circular!  Square!  Rectangular!  Various polygons!  Different fonts!  When I was in Boston, I needed Pylon to guide me to Starbucks because I never would have found them otherwise.  We were constantly discussing the inconsistency and lack of a standard. Yup - the Triangle Thingy is really consistent with some of the world's best marketers.  [/sarcasm]

PHall

Judging from the number of Triangle Thingy's that were plastered on just about everything at the NB meeting in San Diego.
It's not going away anytime soon...