Triangle thingy spottings

Started by RiverAux, May 16, 2010, 01:55:47 PM

spacecommand

They recently started appearing on some squadron award templates at our squadron, thankfully it was in the "rejected" designs pile.

juicedude10

Quote from: JC004 on May 24, 2010, 04:11:12 AM
It's a SEAL because they SAID.

Turn the Triangle Thingy upside-down.  Then, compare it to this image.  You will see.

I like the picture, and I don't get why, no offense, a bunch of adults are arguing over a so-called "Triangle Thingy."  And the added 'y' is something us kids would do.

DakRadz

PM.... will be sent.

I'm going to bed on this note... *Sigh*

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: juicedude10 on August 27, 2010, 12:04:41 AM
I like the picture, and I don't get why, no offense, a bunch of adults are arguing over a so-called "Triangle Thingy."  And the added 'y' is something us kids would do.

It goes far, far beyond the "Triangle Thingy".  It's a branding issue, as a whole, that people are ticked off about.  Uniforms, patches, logos... you name it.  All we want is standardization, and when you've got NHQ staffers throwing in random insignia such as the Triangle Thingy, you do the opposite of standardize.  You water down your image, confuse others, and eventually, upset your membership.

I mean, seriously, throughout my (almost) 6 years in CAP, we've gone through four changes to the MAJCOM-style patch worn on the flight suit...  Is that really necessary?  Hardly.

a2capt

Well, part of that is/was AUX ON/OFF .. but alas, nothing to do with the Triangle Thingy that they just randomly started shoving in place of the 13 star seal which means a whole lot more than the product of someone being bored in class.

juicedude10

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on August 27, 2010, 03:04:31 PM

It goes far, far beyond the "Triangle Thingy".  It's a branding issue, as a whole, that people are ticked off about.  Uniforms, patches, logos... you name it.  All we want is standardization, and when you've got NHQ staffers throwing in random insignia such as the Triangle Thingy, you do the opposite of standardize.  You water down your image, confuse others, and eventually, upset your membership.

I mean, seriously, throughout my (almost) 6 years in CAP, we've gone through four changes to the MAJCOM-style patch worn on the flight suit...  Is that really necessary?  Hardly.

Alright, thank you sir.

Майор Хаткевич

A lot of our current Uniform/Logo drama began when we received a new National Commander. I forget what his name was, but he's behind that TPU outfit.

:)

RVT

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on August 27, 2010, 03:04:31 PMI mean, seriously, throughout my (almost) 6 years in CAP, we've gone through four changes to the MAJCOM-style patch worn on the flight suit...  Is that really necessary?  Hardly.

It resulted in something akin to the end of "The Sneetches", by Dr. Seuss.  I see all four patches in use.  Looked at the ground handling video put out by national?  Even thtey aren't keeping up with it.  You see three flight suits and no two of the command patches are the same.  One of them is still wearing the original round seal.

JC004

Quote from: PhoenixCadet on August 27, 2010, 03:04:31 PM

Hey, National Board...are you listening to this cadet?  The cadets get it.  Will you accept the challenge and make it a serious priority?  It's about our recruiting, our image, our members' wallets.  That means not spinning it in committees for years and not allowing it to continue spiraling out of control (such as the development and random use/non-use of the Triangle Thingy) while it gets fixed.

It seems many a member of the NB has tried leaving a legacy in a nameplate, a patch, or a ribbon over the past few years.  Instead, leave a legacy in a uniform-uniform, a cohesive brand, a great marketing strategy, and an image for CAP with which we can identify and of which we can be proud.

PhoenixRisen

Quote from: JC004 on August 27, 2010, 11:26:49 PM
Hey, National Board...are you listening to this cadet?  The cadets get it.  Will you accept the challenge and make it a serious priority?  It's about our recruiting, our image, our members' wallets.  That means not spinning it in committees for years and not allowing it to continue spiraling out of control (such as the development and random use/non-use of the Triangle Thingy) while it gets fixed.

It seems many a member of the NB has tried leaving a legacy in a nameplate, a patch, or a ribbon over the past few years.  Instead, leave a legacy in a uniform-uniform, a cohesive brand, a great marketing strategy, and an image for CAP with which we can identify and of which we can be proud.

They'll be a few minutes away from me next week... I'm up for leading a picket outside the hotel...

...just sayin'....

a2capt

Heh.. picket. Thats along the lines of my comment earlier about leaving a calling card .. of sorts. Even if it's just a stack of flyers distributed in various places. ;)

But a lot more than just one place where someone can throw the pile away.

EMT-83

Any local folks know a hotel employee that works in, say, the audio-visual department?

Imagine a message appearing on all the hotel TV screens!

RiverAux

Man, it would be cool to sneak the kill-the-triangle symbol into the opening slides...

JC004

JeffDG

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: JeffDG on September 02, 2010, 01:05:03 PM
The official CAP Twitter site:
http://twitter.com/civilairpatrol

QuoteUsafaux2004

@civilairpatrol death to the triangle-thingy! 12:19 AM Aug 31st via mobile web from South Loop, Chicago

JeffDG

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on September 02, 2010, 03:39:58 PM
Quote from: JeffDG on September 02, 2010, 01:05:03 PM
The official CAP Twitter site:
http://twitter.com/civilairpatrol

QuoteUsafaux2004

@civilairpatrol death to the triangle-thingy! 12:19 AM Aug 31st via mobile web from South Loop, Chicago

How long until there's a flood of those?

Al Sayre

Vanguard is here at the NB, they've got a passel of'em.  Coins, pins, shirts, jackets... arrrgh!
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eeyore

The triangle thingy is also on the NB name tags, banquet tickets, program and schedule. <Sigh>

JeffDG

Quote from: edmo1 on September 02, 2010, 05:21:08 PM
The triangle thingy is also on the NB name tags, banquet tickets, program and schedule. <Sigh>

Would such name tags be a violation of the Uniform Manual?