Triangle thingy spottings

Started by RiverAux, May 16, 2010, 01:55:47 PM

JC004

Quote from: Eclipse on July 23, 2010, 11:37:28 PM
I recently saw it embroidered on golf shirts worn by auditors from NHQ Finance.

Agh.  I'm sure we paid for these...

Quote from: Patterson on July 24, 2010, 12:13:40 AM
I met this young Gentleman.  He is very intent on doing the best he can for CAP.  However, we need to stop letting members invent symbols and designs and logos for things that do NOT EXIST!!!!

I didn't mean anything against him by posting the "seal" - I've never met him.  Just to your point.  Even the National Commander doesn't have her own SEAL.  I also don't mean anything against the many who have TRIED over time to contribute to our directionless marketing initiative.  Nonetheless, stuff like the Triangle Thingy have GOT TO GO and we need a comprehensive, professional branding/marketing/advertising plan just like other organizations of CAP's size.  Enough of the politics and crap.  Pick a freaking set of Pantone colors already!

Dailey

I'm ashamed.....I live in washington, and I just noticed the washington wing patch has it too! check it out wawg.cap.gov
Joshua Dailey, C/SrA CAP
Administrative Cadet
Skagit Composite Squadron
Alternate CAC Representative
Washington Wing

BillB

The emblem in the Washington Wing patch IS the correct emblem. It's the 3 bladed prop in a trianle without the blue background that is the "thingy".
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

spacecommand

Did anyone end up calling public affairs? What did they have to say on the matter?

Dad2-4

ALERT!......ALERT!
NEW THINGY SIGHTING!
I got an email today from NHQ (Gen. Coulter) about the National Conference. Right on top is a "thingy". Oh, the shame...... :-[

JC004

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: JC004 on July 24, 2010, 06:26:13 AM
I didn't mean anything against him by posting the "seal" - I've never met him.  Just to your point.  Even the National Commander doesn't have her own SEAL. 

This is just the natural progression from "State of the Council" Addresses.

For all the "good things" this CAC has been "trying" to do, all I see are two polls which have been talked about for what, a year? I've seen more stuff coming out of the CAC promoting the Chairman than actually getting stuff done.

Майор Хаткевич

Since the last time, the logo changed!

Old:

New:

But honestly...two diamonds? If we had a C/Major, would it have to change to one? What if it was a Capt? Jeeze...

JC004

One is the personal seal of the chairman because apparently the chair of NCAC needs a personal seal like the President.  It's silly, but the Triangle Thingy is even more silly.

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: JC004 on August 06, 2010, 06:40:58 PM
One is the personal seal of the chairman because apparently the chair of NCAC needs a personal seal like the President.  It's silly, but the Triangle Thingy is even more silly.

I would agree, based on scope and support from above, however both are quite silly. :)

FlyTiger77

It is also to be found on the recruiting posters and brochures to be had from NHQ.  >:(
JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

JC004

FAIL.  It seems silly to put something unofficial on brochures for recruiting, especially when they won't match the other logos the people see online and otherwise.

Patterson

The "Triangle Thingy" is all over the new Annual Report that all Squadron Commanders received this month, as well as the new DDR Aerospace program books and new AEO pamphlets.

The Corporation should either adopt it as an official "whatever", or stick to a branding plan.  PERIOD.  How hard is this? 

JC004

Agree, but waste money putting it all over our vans, aircraft, signage, web sites, and everything else when there isn't even guidance? Stupid crap. The wings would all have to adopt it too (at their expense), since as I determined that not a single wing is using it on their web site.

a2capt

Lets not forget, still.. the Triangle Thingy is just plain ugly.

Eclipse

Face it, guys - the windmills won.

"That Others May Zoom"

JC004

Not so well.  You can't just randomly place whatever the heck logos all over the place.  Note Branding for Dummies above.  It will likely just be replaced by something else at random just like all the others we've been seeing for years.  One becomes a favorite, appears everywhere, then disappears. 

A.Member

Write the National PAO and ask him to knock it off. :)
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

JC004

Why?  The logo is clearly UNIVERSALLY loved.  Look how many people have signatures that say "Save the Triangle Thingy" - not to mention how many people are defending it here!

HGjunkie

Too lazy to read the thread, The Thingy is on CAP's facebook.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF