Main Menu

this is a switch

Started by RiverAux, December 04, 2008, 01:17:29 AM

RiverAux

This article about a new KY National Guard armory says that part of the NG is working out of a CAP building.  Usually it is the other way around.  http://www.wkyt.com/wymtnews/headlines/35501184.html

SJFedor

KyARNG and KYWG CAP have a very, very good relationship.

But that's really neat. 

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

KyCAP

The building is a flagship operation for CAP and our secret squirrel operations.   It's my "Alma Mater" CAP squadron London Composite Squadron.    Lots of history there, been mentioned nationally about flood relief efforts in the 50's and the squadron was around in the mid '40s as well.

That little building and 5 acres of land around it is about 8000 sq. ft of CAP space donated by the City to the squadron and built up since the '50s.  The operations in there are why that Ky Wing averages the 3rd highest flight hours of all wings in CAP per aircraft year after year.  Cut my "CAP teeth" in there and grew up in that town.
Maj. Russ Hensley, CAP
IC-2 plus all the rest. :)
Kentucky Wing

LtCol057

Definitely a switch from normal operations. Wish it took place more often.

My only comment tho is, and I didn't major in grammar in college, but shouldn't the words civil air patrol have been capitalized?  Just looks odd to me.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

brasda91

The NG Joint Readiness Training Center here in Paducah, KY is scheduled for a ribbon-cutting ceremony on 17 Dec 2008.  We will be moving into our new facility after the first of the year!   ;D
Wade Dillworth, Maj.
Paducah Composite Squadron
www.kywgcap.org/ky011