The Time Has Come to Say Goodbye

Started by Eagle400, June 07, 2008, 09:05:17 PM

Eagle400

This is my last post on CAPTalk.

I thank everyone for putting up with me, and I hope this site continues to enjoy the success it deserves.

The last thing I will say comes from a man far wiser and humble than I:

On some positions, Cowardice asks the question, "Is it safe?"

Expediency asks the question, "Is it politic?"

And Vanity comes along and asks the question, "Is it popular?"

But conscience asks the question, "Is it right?"

And there comes a time when one must take a position that is
neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it
because Conscience tells him it is right.

--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Stonewall

I'm cool with your decision. 
Serving since 1987.

JayT

Quote from: CCSE on June 07, 2008, 09:05:17 PM
This is my last post on CAPTalk.

I thank everyone for putting up with me, and I hope this site continues to enjoy the success it deserves.

The last thing I will say comes from a man far wiser and humble than I:

On some positions, Cowardice asks the question, "Is it safe?"

Expediency asks the question, "Is it politic?"

And Vanity comes along and asks the question, "Is it popular?"

But conscience asks the question, "Is it right?"

And there comes a time when one must take a position that is
neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must do it
because Conscience tells him it is right.

--Martin Luther King, Jr.

Way to attempt to invoke the memory of MLK Jr. Because you're little trouble starting attempts are really attempting to ask 'What's right?'

"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

lordmonar

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

mikeylikey

Smitty....er......I mean CCSE, good bye.  Maybe after you rejoin you will be like "wow....those guys on CAPTALK actually knew what they were talking about, that the CAP Officer side is way different than the CAP Cadet side, and I wish I could go back in time and say I was mistaken, sorry". 

Here is to your last day, getting 2 threads locked, and causing heated debates between (and this is my count) 9 different people. 

All in all.....we could have done without you, but you added to the genuine debate on topics you had no idea about".

Will I miss your insincere attempts at politeness and sly attempts at friendly chatter......most likely not.

I think I speak for those who were around the first time, here and at Cadet Stuff when I say, maybe you should not rejoin OUR CAP.......we may be better off that way.   

;)
What's up monkeys?

PHall

Okay, the betting pool on what his new screen name will be is now open. ;)

mikeylikey

What's up monkeys?

wingnut55

to bad

the only real dialog I see in CAP is here

JayT

Quote from: PHall on June 07, 2008, 11:59:05 PM
Okay, the betting pool on what his new screen name will be is now open. ;)

wingnut55 ?
"Eagerness and thrill seeking in others' misery is psychologically corrosive, and is also rampant in EMS. It's a natural danger of the job. It will be something to keep under control, something to fight against."

Flying Pig

OK...I give.  What was that all about?  Not a popular guy?  I guess Ill search some of his posts.

Although, I often find it interesting, some of the quotes people use to attempt to convey their message.  Using a quote from a man who was assassinated as a foundation for why you will no longer be frequenting an internet forum seems a little much.

JC004

Johnny Yuma

Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

md132