This is why we have SM screening. . .

Started by RogueLeader, January 31, 2008, 10:02:54 PM

RogueLeader

WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Eclipse

and CPPT, and Safety officers, and 4-inch thick regulations.

As a Scout in the 70's, I can recall situations involving almost everything mentioned.

"That Others May Zoom"

RogueLeader

Quote from: Eclipse on January 31, 2008, 10:12:25 PM

As a Scout in the 70's, I can recall situations involving almost everything mentioned.

All at once?  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

sparks

there seems to be something missing, perhaps a newspaper article?

notaNCO forever

People wonder why we say we are better then the scouts. Sad thing is it sounds like something they'd do.

Eclipse

Quote from: RogueLeader on January 31, 2008, 10:30:46 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on January 31, 2008, 10:12:25 PM

All at once?  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Heh, thankfully, no.  But several of them brought back admittedly pleasant memories, and a few might have been piled on at one time.

"That Others May Zoom"

LtCol White

Doesn't everyone realize that this is a joke?
LtCol David P. White CAP   
HQ LAWG

Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska

Diplomacy - The ability to tell someone to "Go to hell" and have them look forward to making the trip.

flyguy06

Stonewall

Quote from: LtCol White on February 01, 2008, 12:49:45 AM

I hope so.  The name of the website is "GOOD CLEAN FUNNY LIST".  I mean, "funny" is even in the URL.
Serving since 1987.

RogueLeader

Quote from: LtCol White on February 01, 2008, 12:49:45 AM

I've been subscribed to that site since May of 02.  I just thought that it was too funny to pass up. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

♠SARKID♠

I was a scout all my life and am considering getting back in to it (I miss camping).

Scouts taught me everything I've ever needed to know in life - how to start fire, how to make fire bigger, how to have fun with fire, how not to have fun with fire, how to hide the evidence of having fun with fire, how to lie to the park ranger about having fun with fire, and how to continue having fun with fire without alerting the park ranger who, moments ago, banned having fun with fire.

Oh yeah, leadership, survival, and all that life skills #%@& too...  ;D

Nomex Maximus

Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

JC004

Walkman

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on February 01, 2008, 07:40:40 AM
Scouts taught me everything I've ever needed to know in life - how to start fire, how to make fire bigger, how to have fun with fire, how not to have fun with fire, how to hide the evidence of having fun with fire, how to lie to the park ranger about having fun with fire, and how to continue having fun with fire without alerting the park ranger who, moments ago, banned having fun with fire.

My kind o' scout (says the assistant scoutmaster)   ;D

Speaking of Scouts (not to threadjack, but,,,)-I'm jealous of my son. His Venture troop is having an awesome High Adventure this summer. A week mountain biking and rock climbing in southern Utah. I do get to go to scout camp up in the Tetons, though...

Johnny Yuma

Sounds like a couple of weekenders my old Explorer post took...
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven:

Michael

This is also why we don't let cadets write home from encampment...so they don't fabricate this kind of stuff.
Bill Coons, C/Capt

floridacyclist

Hello Mudda
Hello Fadda
Here I am at
Camp Granada
Camp is very
Entertaining
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining...
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Wearer of many hats, master of none (but senior-rated in two)
www.tallahasseecap.org
www.rideforfatherhood.org

♠SARKID♠

^Dangit now its stuck in my head!

What could I possibly sing to get it out?....hmmm....!!!
"We are the CAP we're on the gooooo, we're always always......."

Michael

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on February 04, 2008, 11:12:38 PM

Believe it or not, I actually know what you're talking about.
Bill Coons, C/Capt

jeders

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on February 04, 2008, 11:12:38 PM

Make it stop, make the pain stop :D
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

RogueLeader

Quote from: floridacyclist on February 04, 2008, 02:45:06 PM
Hello Mudda
Hello Fadda
Here I am at
Camp Granada
Camp is very
Entertaining
And they say we'll have some fun if it stops raining...

There you go.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

floridacyclist

We have another song from the same album (Goofy Gold) that the cadets love to sing...especially if I add in the horn from the van if noone else is around

While riding in my Cadillac
What to my surprise
A Little Nash Rambler was following me about one third my size
The guy must have wanted to pass me up as he kept on tooting his horn
HONK! HONK!
I'll show him that a Cadillac is not a car to scorn
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

♠SARKID♠

Beep Beep, *BEEP* *BEEP*
Beep Beep, *BEEP* *BEEP*
His horn went Beep Beep Beep, *BEEP* *BEEP*

floridacyclist

Our E350 really does make more of a HONKing noise than a mere beep beep  ;D
Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
www.tallahasseecap.org

Johnny Yuma

AND Y'ALL THOUGHT JOHNNY YUMA NEEDED THERAPY?!?!?!?!?!
"And Saint Attila raised the Holy Hand Grenade up on high saying, "Oh Lord, Bless us this Holy Hand Grenade, and with it smash our enemies to tiny bits. And the Lord did grin, and the people did feast upon the lambs, and stoats, and orangutans, and breakfast cereals, and lima bean-"

" Skip a bit, brother."

"And then the Lord spake, saying: "First, shalt thou take out the holy pin. Then shalt thou count to three. No more, no less. "Three" shall be the number of the counting, and the number of the counting shall be three. "Four" shalt thou not count, and neither count thou two, execpting that thou then goest on to three. Five is RIGHT OUT. Once the number three, being the third number be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade to-wards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuffit. Amen."

Armaments Chapter One, verses nine through twenty-seven: