Main Menu

CAP on the Go

Started by RogueLeader, December 06, 2007, 08:04:30 PM

jeders

If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

sparks

"CAP on the go" reminds me cadets having too much chili etc. or seniors consuming way too much coffee.

I guess that's why there's a link to the cheese message. I like cheese!

JCW0312

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on December 08, 2007, 05:23:15 PM
Quote from: JCW0312 on December 08, 2007, 04:25:49 PM
^ I doubt it has been recorded in a long time. The question is - why would anyone convert it to a computer file for users worldwide to have the opportunity to hear suffer through?

Why would someone do this? http://www.cheddarvision.tv/

Some questions may not be meant to be answered  :)

I guess everything is on the internet now. Pack it up, it's over folks... end of the line. :)
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
Memphis Belle Memorial Squadron
SER-TN-144

baronet68

If I'm ever an Encampment Commander, EVERY cadet will learn that song and the entire encampment will sing it at least once per day.  8)
Michael Moore, Lt Col, CAP
National Recruiting & Retention Manager

Duke Dillio

^Are we looking for a huge suicide rate during an encampment?  Before you do that, take away everyone's belts and shoe laces.

fyrfitrmedic

Quote from: JCW0312 on December 08, 2007, 09:22:45 PM
Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on December 08, 2007, 05:23:15 PM
Quote from: JCW0312 on December 08, 2007, 04:25:49 PM
^ I doubt it has been recorded in a long time. The question is - why would anyone convert it to a computer file for users worldwide to have the opportunity to hear suffer through?

Why would someone do this? http://www.cheddarvision.tv/

Some questions may not be meant to be answered  :)

I guess everything is on the internet now. Pack it up, it's over folks... end of the line. :)

The end of the Internet is at hand: http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn

JCW0312

Quote from: fyrfitrmedic on December 08, 2007, 11:52:20 PM
The end of the Internet is at hand: http://www.shibumi.org/eoti.htm

I love it.

Quote from: sargrunt on December 08, 2007, 11:05:55 PM
^Are we looking for a huge suicide rate during an encampment?  Before you do that, take away everyone's belts and shoe laces.

Apparently NHQ knew about this song before we did. Hence the 900 regulations prohibiting firearms. I now realize that the reason was to prevent intentional self-inflicted gunshot wounds should baronet68 be in charge of an encampment!
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
SER-TN-144

SAR-EMT1

Its the song that should go.....

Why would the Singing Sgts even know about this tune?

Anyone want to risk life and limb and come up with a better alternative CAP ditty?

- I will point out that I too like the line about being ready in peace and war. Think it would be much better then the transformers tag line.
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Duke Dillio

Quote from: SAR-EMT1 on December 09, 2007, 06:03:06 AM
Its the song that should go.....

Why would the Singing Sgts even know about this tune?

Anyone want to risk life and limb and come up with a better alternative CAP ditty?

- I will point out that I too like the line about being ready in peace and war. Think it would be much better then the transformers tag line.

I'd write one but I only do my best music writing after consuming large amounts of unauthorized beverages so the new CAP song might be filled with profanity and what not....  Perhaps not a good idea for me to undertake this thing afterall.....  oh, and it would be in the style of grunge rock.....

♠SARKID♠

Quote from: baronet68 on December 08, 2007, 11:03:41 PM
If I'm ever an Encampment Commander, EVERY cadet will learn that song and the entire encampment will sing it at least once per day.  8)

LMAO that is WAKE UP MUSIC at the next flight academy!

JCW0312

Quote from: ♠SARKID♠ on December 10, 2007, 07:42:45 PM
Quote from: baronet68 on December 08, 2007, 11:03:41 PM

LMAO that is WAKE UP MUSIC at the next flight academy!

I was thinking more along the lines of "GET OUT" rather than "WAKE UP".
Jon Williams, 2d Lt, CAP
SER-TN-144

Nomex Maximus

Actually, the song sort of reminds me of the theme song from the movie, "Robin Hood - Men In Tights".
Nomex Tiberius Maximus
2dLT, MS, MO, TMP and MP-T
an inspiration to all cadets
My Theme Song

Flying Pig

Im sorry...

I had to listen.  May God forgive me.

Duke Dillio

Quote from: Nomex Maximus on December 10, 2007, 09:33:33 PM
Actually, the song sort of reminds me of the theme song from the movie, "Robin Hood - Men In Tights".

[singing] We're CAP, we're CAP in tight, tight, tights.....we go around the woods, looking for bad flights....[/singing]

BillB

The idea of making cadets learn CAP On The Go at an encampment is a great idea. I awlays looked for a punishment activity that didn't violate CPPT.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

NEBoom

Quote from: JohnKachenmeister on December 08, 2007, 04:03:00 AM
"CAP Is On The Go" was composed by Josef Myrow and the lyrics were written by Capt. Robert Mills, CAP.  The song was copyrighted in 1959 and adopted as the official CAP marching song in 1960 by the National Board.  The current recording is performed by the Air Force Singing Sergeants.

Wow, I'm surprised it's that recent.  I would've guessed it was from WWII given the march tune and the cornball lyrics.  Actually if it was from WWII, I might be tolerant of it as it would (well, might) have some historical value.  Since it's not.......[toilet flushing sound]

I do have a version that's just the tune without the singing.  It's not as bad and could probably be used at encampment for Pass in Review, especially if mixed in with a bunch of other marches.  No one would probably even know it's a CAP song (better that way, you know).
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing

JohnKachenmeister

What the heck, Dan...

Get one of your sharp troopers who's a "Poet and don't know it" and have them write new and updated words to the song!

After all, "On the go" used to be a pretty hip expression, but has fallen out of use.  Salvage the "Ready in peace... etc." line and come up with something meaningful to the 21st-Century troopers.
Another former CAP officer

star1151

Quote from: BillB on December 11, 2007, 12:54:57 AM
The idea of making cadets learn CAP On The Go at an encampment is a great idea. I awlays looked for a punishment activity that didn't violate CPPT.

Wouldn't it fall under hazing?

BillB

Actually it wouldn't be hazing in that the National Board accepted it as an official CAP song. I asn't serious about making the cadets learn it at encampment, but it's no different than making cadets learn the cadet oath. (other than it's a long outdated song)
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

pixelwonk

This song really opens the sluices at both ends.
Air supremacy is the goal?  Ha!